Celeste Malfoy

Silvery blonde hair shines in the sunlight. The girl to whom the hair belongs smiles a bored, regal smile. Her best friend, who has dirty blonde hair, sits next to her, painting her nails black.

The eleven-year-old girls are lavishing in the gardens of Malfoy Manor. Soon they will be boarding the Hogwarts Express. But, for now, they languish in the gardens.

"Do you think we'll get sorted into Syltherin?" Celeste Malfoy, the girl with the silvery blonde hair, asks her companion.

Phoebe Rosier looks up from her nails and rolls her eyes. "Have you gone mad? Of course we will."

"Just wondering..."

Light shines in though the lush, green leaves of the trees. The garden is quite beautiful in the summer.

"What if we made a big entrance? The kind that the students and professors of Hogwarts will talk about for years to come?" Celeste suggests, a glint in her green eyes, but no other signs of mischief can be found on her pale face.

Phoebe, who had resumed painting her nails, looks up once more at her friend with annoyance in her brown eyes. "Our parents would have our heads, Celeste. You know that."

The green eyed girl smirks, only slightly, as she looks her best friend dead in the eyes. "Not if we don't get caught..."

Last summer, ten-year-old Celeste Malfoy, who had strayed away from her family while in Diagon Alley, had spent a week with a family of muggles. She had wandered past the magical barrier and into a muggle market. After about a half hour, she realized that she was lost.

That's when the muggle family found her and offered to call her parents. The girl had rolled her eyes and told them that her parents couldn't possibly hear them from so far away, no matter how loud they called. The family offered for her to stay with them until they could get ahold of her parents, that way she wouldn't be left out on the streets. Celeste agreed because she didn't have any better option.

The muggles were actually quite kind, despite the young girl's snobbery in the beginning. And, as the week went on, Celeste began to realize that muggles were just like her. Minus the magic.

She had befriended the family's little girl. An eight-year-old by the name of Hermione Granger. The same age as Draco, Celeste's little brother. She was a bright young thing with brown skin, bushy dark brown hair, and slight buck teeth.

The girl's parents were quite bright too. They were "dentists." That was a sort of muggle that worked with teeth. Made sure they didn't rot and fall out. Celeste thought, privately, that they must not be very good dentists if their daughter's teeth were so strange.

After a week, the Malfoys found Celeste. They were furious and utterly disgusted, but remained civil with the Grangers for the sake of not revealing their magical world. Celeste was given a lengthy lecture about blood purity and how she should not, under any circumstances, ever willingly associate herself with anyone but purebloods.

She asked them if they would have rather her starved to death or been killed wandering the streets for a week. They huffed and ceased their lecturing.

Since her non-magic encounter, Celeste had been doing a lot of her own thinking. Why were her parents so obsessed with being purebloods? Obviously muggles were just as civil, if not more civil, than wizards. Nothing seemed wrong with the Grangers at all during Celeste's stay with them. In fact, they were more kind and caring to her than her own family. It was quite nice, actually.

And so, Celeste Malfoy decided that muggles weren't inferior to wizardkind. But she didn't tell that to her family. Instead, she showed her internal rebellion in small ways.

She would sloppily tie the bows in her hair so that they weren't perfect. She would wear mismatched socks that were just visible enough to be an annoyance. She would stuff her unfolded clothes in her drawer and wear them wrinkly. She also befriended the Malfoy house-elf, Dobby.

These were small things, the kind that shouldn't really be much of a bother. But, to the Malfoys, they were incredibly bothersome. And Celeste loved every second of it.

Now that she's got a taste of rebellion, Celeste Malfoy wants more. She wants to push further and further than ever before. And that all starts with Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.