The Breakfast Prank

Lee Jordan has an idea. Something that is never a good thing for anyone other than Celeste Malfoy, George Weasley, and Fred Weasley. Now, Lee isn't usually the one coming up with the pranks, tending to take a more supportive but enthusiastic role in the mischief. So, when he tells his three best friends about his idea, they are extatic. He wants to prank the Slytherin table during breakfast sometime this week. Slip something in their morning pumpkin juice.

All four of them get right to work on the prank, practically exploding with enthusiasm. Celeste especially is looking forward to this one considering how Draco's been acting these past few months. Also, seeing as it's late November, he's bound to get her in trouble back at Malfoy Manor in less than a month. So, as Celeste sees it, it's like early payback for what's to come.

"What if they grew scales and forked tounges?" George suggests. The four are in the boys' dormitory, brainstorming the details of the prank.

"Because they're snakes?" Celeste laughs.

"Obviously," Fred answers for his brother.

"And yellow eyes too," Lee adds on. "With vertical pupils!"

This is met by eager agreement from the other three.

"I think I know a potion that might work," Celeste says. Scattered around her spot on the floor, are various open potion books.

"What is it?" Fred asks.

"It's a type of Polyjuice potion called Polymorph. When brewed correctly, it can temporarily transform the drinker into any animal. It's usually used for full transformations, but if you only let it sit for a few days instead of a whole month, it should only have enough strength to make a partial transformation."

Fred stares at her in awe. Celeste laughs at her friend's expression. He's always been easily amazed at how smart she is, ever since the boat incident at the beginning of their first year.

The blonde refers back to the book as George, unnoticed by the girl, makes mocking kissy faces at Fred. The older twin shoving him in return, knocking him down.

Lee smirks at the interaction and at the fact that Celeste is oblivious to it, studying her book.

"There is a bit of a problem, though..." the green-eyed girl mentions.

"What is it?" Lee eagerly asks, hoping that whatever it is won't prevent them from carrying out his prank.

"To get it to work prematurely, a charm needs to be cast over it."

"That's not too bad," George comments.

"Well, it's just that it's a rather complicated charm. George, you and Freddie are better at casting charms than I am... Do you think either of you could do it?" She shows them the book, pointing to where the charm is written.

They both grimace and look at each other and then back to the book. "Not in the next week—" George begins.

"Might take us about a month to learn that one—" Fred explains.

"If we're quick about it." George adds.

All four of them groan, annoyed but not accepting defeat so easily.

"Is there anyone we know that could cast it for us?" Lee suggests.

A name pops up in Celeste's mind. "I don't know for sure, but there is one person I know that might be able, and willing, to help."

"Who?" Fred asks.

"Diggory."