The Mirror of Erised

Christmas is coming. The atmosphere is frigid and the Black Lake has frozen solid. Since it is mid-December, Celeste Malfoy's looming stay at Malfoy Manor is causing her to feel constantly anxious. This anxiety, in true Celeste Malfoy fashion, causes her to be always restless. It is not good for the thirteen year old girl to be restless. At least, not good for the majority of the Hogwarts faculty and student body.

The platinum blonde is outside with Fred and George, who have discovered that the snow is excellent packing snow. The three are engaged in a heated snowball fight. The traitorous kind that can destroy friendships.

"CELESTE!" George bellows, "NO MAGIC!" His blonde friend has just sent approximately forty snowballs directly into his face using her wand.

"It's not my fault you can't remember the charm!" the girl defends, laughing at his red face.

Fred is also laughing, but not for long. Celeste uses her wand to lift up a large sheet of snow, pack it into a giant snowball, and drop it over his head.

The boy goes quiet and, for a moment, the girl thinks he's going to kill her. But then he shares a look with George and the boys smirk at Celeste, both slowly approaching her.

She begins to back up, her wand held defensively in her hand. "I'll hex you," she threatens.

But, before she can do anything, the twins tackle her and the three are suddenly engaged in a wrestling match. One of the many good things that Celeste has learned by being friends with the Weasley twins, is how to wrestle. And she's a scrappy wrestler. There's no technique, no rules to it.

Normally, she wins these matches.

This time, however, she has two major factors working against her. One, she's freezing from the snow and it's much more difficult to wrestle when cold. Two, the boys happen to be extra motivated to get her back for attempting to freeze them to death.

By the end of the match, George has her wand and Fred has her pinned down in the snow. Celeste glares up at her redheaded friend, not being a big fan of losing. He smirks in triumph before realizing their position and quickly scrambling off of her, his face redder than it had been before.

George snickers at his brother, earning a quick punch to the arm. Fred offers Celeste his hand, "Now we're even," he mutters.

A little confused by what just happened, she takes his hand and stands up, immediately snatching her wand back from George.

She glares at the boys once more before sighing, "I suppose I deserved that," and giving them both a smile. It seems that no friendships ended up being destroyed, after all.

The three Gryffindors begin to laugh and head back to the castle. Only a few yards from the castle, Celeste spots Professor Quirrell. She stares at the back of his turban, suddenly feeling a strong urge to pummel it with snowballs.

"Want to know how I charmed the snowballs to hit George?" She asks the boys, still staring at Quirrell's turban.

The redheaded boys follow her gaze and understand exactly what she's thinking. They agree immediately.

One quick lesson and thirty minutes later, the three are being scolded by Professor McGonagall for their actions. Despite now having to spend their last night at Hogwarts in detention, cleaning Professor Quirrell's classroom, the third years stand firm that it was worth it.

Especially since Fred added another charm onto the snowballs so that they would follow Quirrell around all day. The Defense Against the Dark Arts professor continued getting snowballs to the back of his turban hours after the culprits had been caught and punished.