13. unbeknownst

UNBEKNOWNST

UNBEKNOWNST

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ Gina reads over her resume again as she picks at her cuticles, walking next to Robin into Family Video, blocking out some conversation about Steve's mom.

"Yeah, why not?" Steve sort of laughs. "She's, like, super well respected."

"You're such a dingus," Robin sighs, putting her arm over Gina's shoulders as Steve opens the door for the girls.

The three walk up to the counter, a guy about Steve's age in a vest gives them a look.

"Hi," Robin says with her customer service voice. "We would like to apply here, assuming you guys are hiring."

The guy, his name tag reading Keith stops for a moment, looking them all up and down. "Didn't you guys work in the mall?" he asks monotonusly.

"We weren't fired, you know." Robin leans her elbows on the counter. "The mall burned down and, like, killed a bunch of people."

Keith takes the resumes and starts to read them one by one. "Thanks for sharing. Didn't know," he says, putting the papers down. He turns to Robin. "Three favorite movies, go."

Robin doesn't hesitate. "The Apartment, Hidden Fortress, Children of Paradise."

He turns to Gina. "You, go."

"Uh...The Exorcist, Psycho, and The Shining."

Keith smiles. "Dark. Now you, go," he snaps his fingers at Steve.

"Favorite movies?"

"Did I stutter?"

"Uh...Animal House, for sure. Um..." Steve's gaze wanders off.

Keith snaps again. "Eyes on me, Harrington."

"Yeah," Steve pauses again. "Uh...Star Wars?"

"A New Hope?"

Steve gives Keith a look. "A new what-now?"

"Which Star Wars?" Keith enunciates, becoming more annoyed by the second.

"The one with the teddy bears. Duh."

Gina holds her forehead in her hand.

"No? Uh...Oh, the one that just came out. The movie that just came out. The one with the DeLorean and Alex P. Keaton, and he's trying to bang his mom. The time..."