17. you guess?

YOU GUESS?

YOU GUESS?

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ About an hour later, everyone leaves Reefer Rick's. Eddie says he'll be fine on his own, and Dustin promised to come back tomorrow with food and supplies: anything Eddie wanted.

Gina listened to Robin and convinced Max to ride with her alone, Stephanie protesting a little before giving in.

Half hugging Robin, Gina gets into the drivers seat as Max gets into the passengers.

Max hides a smile as Gina turns the car on and flicks through the radio.

"What?" Gina asks, a confused grin on her face.

Max looks away. "You and Robin are close, don't you think?" she says with a smug expression.

Gina hesitates for a moment, but then she thinks of what Robin said at Family Video. "You and Stephanie are awful close too, no?"

Max's eyes go wide and her mouth hangs slightly open. "Uh...I, uh."

"Robin says it's this whole thing," Gina says. "You want to share?"

Max sighs and looks out of the window. "You'll hate me."

"No, I won't."

"Yes, you will."

"No chance."

"There's a good chance."

"Nothing you could do would make me hate you."

"Okay, fine," Max huffs. "So, Steph and I are...together, I guess."

Gina raises her eyebrows. "You guess?"

"I know."

"That's more like it." Gina pauses for a moment, acting like she's thinking hard about it. "Yeah that's cool," she finally says, Max letting out a breath of air.

Max stops too, turning her head to Gina before she says, "so you and Robin are a thing, right?"

"Let's talk about you and Stephanie!" Gina says in a fake cheerful tone, immediately changing the subject.

Max gives the girl a look. "Come on, tell me."

Gina groans before saying, "yeah, I guess we are. I mean-"

"You guess?" Max interrupts.

"Fine. I know we are."

Max smiles. "That's more like it."

Max and Gina turn to each other and smile, breaking out into incremental chuckles before Gina pulls into the trailer park, saying bye to Max as she gets out of the car.

"Do you...need a place to stay?" Max asks before she closes the door.

Gina stops for a moment, surprised. No ones asked her that before. They haven't cared enough to. "No, no I'll be fine, thanks."

"Night, Gina."

"G'night."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
short one bc i lowkey forgot to put this in the last chapter where i meant it to be/i wanted to post on jan 1

THEY'RE OUT! YAY!

1/1/24