24. make up? make out?

MAKE UP? MAKE OUT?

MAKE UP? MAKE OUT?

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  "He's here!" Gina shouts again, hearing pounding footsteps coming towards her. Just as everyone rushes into the room, her flashlight goes dark. "Never mind," she mutters under her breath.

Everyone turns when Steve's light starts to brighten. He follows the path, the group trailing behind him as they make their way up the stairs, only making it up one staircase when the light goes out. "Shit," Steve whispers. "I lost him."

Max pushes open a door, drawing everyone's attention to a buzzing overhead lamp.

A communal fear hangs over the group like smog, becoming stronger at every creak in the floorboard and every fast movement.

"It's an attic," Robin breathes out, probably more scared than anyone. "Of course it's an attic."

Gina takes in a deep breath as they all gather around the lamp.

"Flashlights," Dustin whispers, shining his flashlight on the lamp, everyone else following suit.

The lights brighten and darken for a few moments, until one by one, everyone's flashlights start to burst, glass shards flying around.

"What the hell happened?" Stephanie pants.

"I...I don't know," Nancy responds.

"Eddie needs to know," Dustin exhales sharply, leading the group out of the room and down the stairs.

                                          —

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ It's the next day and Nancy insisted that everyone comes to tell Eddie what happened at the Creel house, and there was no way that Gina could get out of it, so she's now desperately trying to block out Robin's very loud worrying.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit?" Robin says from the passenger seat, Gina's almost too far away to hear her since she got stuck in the wayback with Steve and Dustin. "Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

"It'll be fine, Robin," Stephanie reassures her for maybe the thousandth time. "You're just overthinking it again."

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't."

Steve holds up the six-pack like a trophy. "At least he can drink himself into feeling better," he says, his mouth full.

"Steve!" Stephanie snaps, quickly turning around to face her brother "We bought that food for Eddie, right?" she says slowly.