Can it affect others?

more theories but more from some experiences. 

You can get harrassed by them, obviously. Can they affect people around you, even the online friends of yours?

- Most likely. They can start to harrass whoever you're in contact with.

Why ? [ Theories ]

It's hard to determine. But it can be

1. They simply don't like that person interacting with you.

2. They figured you love/care for that person, as a weak spot perhaps, and they will take them away or scare them off.

3. If you were doing research with that person, they may thought you could 'find' things easier, so they took them away to make things harder for you.

4. MAYBE they tried to make you withdraw socially (can happen), but it didn't succeed, so instead they decided to harrass them to maybe convince you of something. (i.e. it'll spread to everyne you know and hurt them.)

5. Maybe, like the Operator or Slenderman, it's simply a virus. It can't be stopped, if you come in contact with them it will spread to the people you know. They'll experience the things you're experiencing, they may even go missing, making it impossible for you to keep friends.

Ex. Tim was getting better he stated, the things had stopped, but once Jay came in contact with him they started to happen again, like some sort of virus.

This isn't proven, it's just some theories i made due to some things that happened (and not only to me, i dont remember if i spoke about this in past chapters, but i will explain it in short in the next one.)