2

I yawned for the fifth time since entering the automobile. The black Jaguar XJS from the 1990s had a distinctive retro feel. It was also the car that my mother had received from my grandfather as a wedding gift. As the city's structures faded into the background through the glass, I reached for the radio and turned it on. A few serene notes of jazz came from the speakers. I took a nibble on my cookies as a pleasant atmosphere filled the vehicle.

Four hours of nonstop driving without stopping for a break had left my back aching.
"Here we go, yoho." my mother exclaimed upon arriving at the village, as I rubbed my eyes, feeling slightly drowsy.

I climbed out from the car and surveyed the scenery. The village had undergone significant changes since my last visit.
"My goodness, so much has changed here." I muttered, amazed by the transformation.

"Look who's visiting his old grandma." Said a familiar voice, prompting me to turn around. My grandma stood behind the gate, waiting for me to come near.
I rushed towards her and got wrapped up in a warm embrace. I could hear her sweetly mutter words of adoration.
"I missed you so much, my little Hana." She mumbled, and my frown softened recalling that I didn't see my grandma in a quiet time.

"I missed you too, grandma.'' I proclaimed as I returned her affectionate hug. The wrinkles on her face turned into a heartwarming smile. Meanwhile, my mother stood next to my grandfather, who is patting her head. He smiled as he did so. My mother approached me with crossed arms and frowns, observing my interactions with my grandma. 

"You didn't miss your own daughter?" she asked grandma who chuckled and engulfed both of us in a warm hug. We head inside the house, and I took a moment to admire the quaint village.
"Come inside and rest, my dear." suggested my grandpa, patting me gently on the back.

"Then you can take a walk through the village if you so wish."

"Oh, I was just admiring the sights." I remarked, beaming at him, "The village sure has changed quite a bit."

My grandparent's home is situated on a modest hill beside a field of dandelions, giving a spectacular view of the village homes.

Following my shower and much-needed rest, I jumped down the stairs. I opted to take Polly, my grandma's cute puppy, for a walk. She's adorable. Mom and grandma had left to visit an elder named Mrs. Kang, known for being a close friend of the family.

I informed grandpa of my intentions regarding Polly's walk before stepping out into the fresh evening air with her. he gave the nod and warned me to be careful, citing that the forest that I will be passing through is somewhat perilous. I was momentarily perplexed upon realizing that I had no recollection of a forest existing here.

I exited the gates, clutching the reins that were tethered to Polly's collar firmly in order to ensure her safety. My vocalized sounds were successful in persuading her to pursue my instructions. As I meandered behind the house, I noticed the presence of the forest; this revelation was an intriguing surprise. 

Polly hastened into the woods the second she had the opportunity. After several laps, she halted near a tiny lake.  I stationed myself upon several stones and freed her from her leash, allowing her the opportunity to play nearby. It provided a spectacular view of the sunset. The wind blew gently and moved my hair in the process.

The sun was slowly slipping away over the horizon, prompting me to turn around and return home. I observed my surroundings and realized that she wasn't there. I frantically began searching, fearing that I would arrive home without Polly, resulting in my grandmother's sadness.
I checked near the lake where she had been playing and realized how close to the home it actually is. Could she have vanished into the woods or run somewhere here?

I shuddered at the sight of the woods.

In a panic, I entered into the forest without considering any alternative options. 
The stillness was calming, though that did little to ease my fear of encountering a deadly creature or murderous monster that might ambush me without warning. I folded my arms in front of my body as a defensive shield in preparation.

Also, the temperature was dropping, leading me to embrace myself in an attempt to conserve body heat.

"Polly." my words came faintly from my mouth. Maybe she'll hear my calls and rush right out. 

I walked for over an hour, making sure to conserve the battery life of my phone's torch, which illuminated my way.
The darkness encroached upon me, and the dim of the forest surrounded me as I came across a tree and sat down to rest.
I rested my head on the tree, closing my eyes and pondering everything that had happened.

The possibility of freezing and dying here was a haunting one, though I attempted to dismiss the unpleasant prospect.

Polly's barking filled me with hope, and I resumed searching.

Several trees were spaced out evenly, forming a path. Behind the solitude of the darkness, I stumbled across a small but exquisite dwelling, possessing a dark academia flair.

Ten yards from the house, a boy stood there, motionless as I watched him from a far.

Dressed in a dark-hued robe with a hood, the young man was breathtakingly handsome. His nose was perfect, coupled with doe eyes . His hair was black, his complexion, pale, and his lips, scarlet. 

I found myself transfixed on his attractive features, until I felt his intense stare bearing down upon me. A rush of fear enveloped my entire self. I stood motionless, unable to utter a word, afraid of bringing peril upon myself.

The rush of panic faded away when I detected Polly's excited barking, indicating that I had finally located her. In an instant, without allowing my mind to dwell on the potential dangers, I rushed back into the woods via the same path.