Chapter 6: Okay

A Saturday in September

JORDAN POV

I check on my pizza that is cooking smoothly in the oven. I get a glimpse of my dad watching sports on the couch as I lean against the wall connecting the kitchen to the living room. It has been days since I last freaked out on him. He is putting space between us as usual when I have my crazy moments. I think he is actually afraid of me.
"Dad, do you want a slice of pizza?" I ask.
He turns his head towards me. "It's fine." He goes back to the television. I go check the pizza and it's done. I turn off the oven and take it out. I smell the mozzarella and tomatoes. Yum.
I begin to cut it when the doorbell rings.
"I'll get it," my dad exclaims.
I serve myself and bite into the slice. It's so good! I make great pizza.
"Jacob is here," Dad says. I look at him and see Jacob standing next to him. He waves hi.
"I'll let you talk in the living room. I'll be in my room," Dad lightly smiles and walks out.
I signal to the pizza as I'm asking if he wants a slice. He understood me and says no.
I nod and walk to the couch and sit. Jacob follows me and sits next to me. I eat my slice slowly and wait for him to talk. Though, he just sits there.
Seconds pass and he takes out a piece of paper from his shirt pocket. "Read," he says but it sounds like "reed".

MY MOM TOLD AND EXPLAINED TO ME WHAT YOUR DISORDER IS. I REALLY HOPE IT IS JUST YOUR DISORDER MAKING YOU DO ALL THAT CRAZY STUFF AND SLAPS MY CHEEK HAS GOTTEN.
I ASKED HAILEY WHY HER FRIEND WAS MAKING FUN OF YOU, SHE SAID IT WAS BECAUSE YOU BURST INTO ANGRY TEARS WHEN SHE TOLD YOU YOUR MAKEUP WASN'T GOOD.
IT IS STILL NOT COOL TO JUST WANT TO PUNCH PEOPLE FOR LITTLE REASONS LIKE THAT. HAILEY IS GREAT. GIVE HER A CHANCE LIKE YOU ARE GIVING ME.
I finish reading and turn to him. He doesn't know how hard it is for me especially if people don't act nice. Hailey might be telling the truth, but she isn't telling him how they bully me.
He seems to like her alot though. Should I tell him? I am his friend. He hasn't said anything rude about my disorder.
He begins to move his hands, but I can't understand.
I shake my head no. "I can not understand," I slowly say.
He takes out his phone and types. My phone rings, but it is in the kitchen. I grab his phone and read the text.
(DO YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT? ABOUT YOU FREAKING OUT?)

I type, (NO. NOT NOW. SORRY)

(OKAY. HOW ABOUT HAILEY? YOU AREN'T DENYING ANYTHING.)

(SHE IS NICE WHEN SHE WANTS TO JACOB. SHE ISN'T NICE TO ME JUST LIKE HER FRIEND.)

(HAVE YOU TRIED TO EXPLAIN YOUR DISORDER?)

(NO. I DON'T WANT TO TELL THEM.)
Jacob gets his phone and puts it inside his jean pocket. He sighs and shakes his head. I think he is upset I haven't told Hailey and Juliet. He might think by me explaining, they will be understanding.
He gets my hand and forces me to stand. I drop the pizza on the floor. Great.
I feel his touch on my chin and I'm looking straight at him. "Tell," he says.
I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "No."
His hand goes to my upper cheek. His touch is scaring me. Why is he acting to sweet? Does he feel sorry for me? Then, his other hand goes to my other cheek. We stay there for seconds, then he pushes me towards him and hugs me.
"Be okay," he says. "Will be okay."
He's trying to comfort me. He doesn't want me to feel odd. I might be embarrassed to tell anyone. His mom knew because my dad told her. She is a nurse after all, maybe he told her, so she can help me too.
"Whoa, kids, not in my house," My dad suddenly comes in. I push Jacob lightly to the side. He combs his hair nervously.
"It's not what you think dad," I say as I pick up the dead pizza. I walk to the kitchen and throw it.
"Jacob asked if I let him take you out on a date," Dad yells. I run back and Jacob is denying the statement. I throw my dad a pillow from the couch and he laughs.
"Shut up," I roll my eyes. Jacob signs goodbye.
"See, he was saying he was leaving," I tell my dad. I open the door and Jacob walks out. I am closing the door but he stops me.
"School?" He asks.
"Yeah, see you at school," I smile. He nods and walks away.
...
I'm watching him put his clothes away. He has one of the curtains to the side, so I can see through his room.
I'm siting on the window's edge letting the cool breeze of fall hit my face. It calms me down.
Jacob spots me and waves hi. I smirk, "Hello."
He opens his window and leans on his elbows. I get my phone out of my butt jean pocket and text him.
(CUTE BOXERS BTW ;] )

Jacob looks down at his phone and quickly back at me. He is proably blushing right now. Ha!
(YOU WERE WATCHING ME PUT MY CLOTHES AWAY?)

(YEAH. YOU OR YOUR MOM ALWAYS LEAVES THE CURTAINS OR WINDOW OPEN.)

I look at him and he shrugs. I smile at him.
(SO ARE WE COOL AGAIN?)

(YEAH.)

(SO, DO YOU REALLY LIKE HAILEY? IT IS 'CAUSE OF HER BOOBS?)

(SERIOUSLY?!)
I chuckle at his face. He shakes his head and types.
(WHAT IS WITH YOU AND BOOBS?)

(SHUT UP. AS IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE HAILEY HAS A NICE RACK? I DISLIKE HER BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M BLIND. SHE IS CURVY IN THE RIGHT PLACES.)

(WELL SHE IS PRETTY, BUT THAT'S NOT IT.)

(THEN?)

(SHE IS NICE AND HAS GOOD HUMOR. SHE IS SMART AND SHE SMELLS SO SWEET.)

I roll my eyes. He does like her alot. Maybe he is right. I can talk to her and try to know her. If Jacob, a sweet person, sees something good in Hailey, maybe she can be a friend too.

(HELLO? YOU OKAY?)

I look at him and nod. He stands straight and signs "goodnight".
I sign back and send him a kiss. I bend and show him a bit of my own rack. I laugh as his face becomes like a cherry. He is still a boy after all. I stand, close the window, and drop to bed.
(NIGHT JACOB ♡ ;] )

(STOP IT JORDAN.)
(WHAT? I STILL NEED TO SHOW YOU MY BOOBS REMEMBER?)

(NIGHT.)

I chuckle. Jacob is such a dweeb. I like him.