Chapter 3: What A Saturday

A Saturday in September

My morning didn't start good. I over slept so my mother left me with all the chores. As I was washing, I accidentally dropped the bleach on my jeans and shoes, so they are ruined.

I am looking for another pair when I notice the same laser Jordan used last time hitting my window. I step to the side and see her waving. I wave once.

She puts a page on the window. "Wanna hang?"

I sigh. I don't know if this is part of my day being bad or not.

I look at her again and she is pouting near the window. Wait, did she change shirt? She now has a white spaghetti strap shirt. Her shirt was pink with sleeves.

Jordan leans against something and I see her cleavage. She smiles and winks.

What is with this girl?

"Get out," she mouths the words. She closes the curtains.

Don't go Jacob. No. Yes, go Jacob.

What can I lose?

I change jeans and shoes and leave my mom a note.

I get the house keys and leave. I step out of the complex and see Jordan walking to me. She has something over the white shirt now. She has a black skirt with boots. Her hair is loose and her lips are black.

"Hey," she says.

"Hi,"

"My dad left me alone. He left me 100 bucks though," she smirks. "Let's go see a movie."

I shrug. "Okay."

Jordan takes out keys from her bag she takes to school. We begin to walk to the parking lot. Whoa, she has a car. I don't have a car! We get in a small yellow car and Jordan drives away.

It is a quiet ride to the theater. We park and walk towards the ticket booth outside.

Jordan orders the tickets and we go in. The smell of popcorn and butter invade my nose. Jordan takes my arm and drags me to the concession stand. A young guy smiles at her.

Jordan points to a combo of popcorn. The guy puts it on the register and looks at me. He asks something about food, I think.

Jordan quickly gets his attention and shakes her head. She says something and points to the same combo and pays him.

We get each a small bag of popcorn and I get the large soda. I guess we are sharing.

As Jordan walks towards the hall where the screening rooms are, she stops.

What's wrong? I step in front of her and say hello.

She looks at me with embarrassment. I see her cheeks turn pink. She says sorry.

For what?

She continues to walk and presents the tickets to the guy. He directs her where to go and I follow. We finally get in the room and sit. Jordan is still looking upset. I poke her arm and she turns to me. She takes out the same journal and writes down, "You can't hear. I forgot about that. I feel bad."

Oh, is that it? I shake my head and say okay.

She writes, "Why?"

I get the pen and write, "Why feel bad with something that can't be undone?"

"But, how can you know what's going on?"

"I just watch and read about it later,"

"So, you have been here before?"