Chapter 11: Exposed

As Donnie returned into his lab, he was huffing and stomping about, sitting in his chair at his desk, he stared at his coffee mug he received from Y/N, his hands fiddling with the toolkit they also gave him. It made him smile, which wasn't something he did often, but it also made his heart race. Remembering his mental note, he walked across the lab to a med bay area; he began to run a self-diagnostic on his vitals. So far everything was normal, blood pressure and heart rate where at normal even levels. Puzzled he sighs, still attached the wireless monitors, he pulls out the toolkit from his battle shell. He began to think of Y/N again, the system went off with loud and rapid alarms, beeping and blaring flashing lights. He was caught off guard, does Y/N have some kind of effect on his emotion/physical state? Donnie took a few deep breaths calming himself, the alarms stopped, he again thought of Y/N but this time as Atomic Lass at the convention center. Once again flashing lights and louder more rapid beeping could be heard, it was at this point Donnie ran back to his computer and did a quick internet search. Typing in the search bar 'What does it mean when your heart races thinking of someone?' he hit the enter button and the first thing to pop up was by 'Today.com' it read; 'In the early stages of love — lust and attraction — adrenaline and norepinephrine make the heart beat faster, so you may find your pulse racing when just thinking about the object of your affection or whenever that person is near.' Donnie's eyes go wide as he reads this text over and over.

 "How did this happen?" Donnie asks out loud, just then Leo appears from a portal above Donnie's bed landing on it sprawled out like he was at Y/N's apartment, "Hello dear brother! Let's have a talk~" Leo says smugly. Donnie quickly clicks out of his recent web searches and scoffs turning in his chair to face Leo, "Salutations Nardo, what do you wish to discuss?" Leo smiles rolling to lay on his belly holding his head in his hands, "Oh more like 'WHO' I want to discuss, you simp." Donnie eye's his brother curiously. Leo pretends to curl a strand of hair with his finger, "I just came from a lovely in-depth conversation with our new friend." He says eyeing Donnie. Donnie perks up, his heart skips a beat. "What do you mean? You had a talk with Y/N? What did you talk about?" Donnie asks intrigued. Leo rolls over to his back his head hanging off the bed, one leg crossed over the other. "Oh yea, just came from their apartment. Not too shabby but could use some work." He answers casually, "Just gave them some 'brotherly advice' and what not."  Leo smiles as he pushes his brother's patience, Donnie sighs squeezing the bridge of his nose annoyed, "What exactly do mean by 'brotherly advice' Leo? What did you say to them?" Donnie was very uncomfortable with the idea of Y/N and his brother alone but pushed the thought aside, he crossed his arms and glared at Leo. "Ah, Ah, that's private information, and enough about that let's talk about you." Leo says finally standing to his feet, crossing his own arms matching Donnie's energy.

"I have nothing I wish to discuss with you, Leo, so you can leave." Donnie states blatantly as he turns his chair back to his computer and starts working on some coding process. Leo turns him around, they are now face to face, "Oh don't give me that D, I've seen how you look at Y/N! So has Raph and April, Mikey is still clueless, but he'll figure it out eventually." Donnie simply huffs and pushes Leo away from him, "Scoff! You speak on such a low bandwidth level I can't even process this ill-formed data." Leo facepalms, "English please, Einstein." Leo groans. Donnie chuckles to himself shaking his head, he thinks 'Y/N would have found that hilarious.' Forgetting he still had his wireless heart monitor attachment on, thinking of Y/N made the alarms go off, scaring both turtles. "What the hell is that!?" Leo shouts, Donnie's cheeks flush as he quickly gets up and goes to turn the system off. Realizing what the noise came from Leo began to laugh almost doubling over, "I knew it! You do have a crush on Y/N!" Donnie picked up some paper and rolled it up, coming up behind Leo and smacking him in the back of the head. "Shut up! I do not! It is simply a chemical reaction in the brain from noradrenaline that stimulates adrenaline production causing my heart to race and palms to sweat, and we were all at the JJ convention, so the feel-good chemical dopamine was released. So, it's simply serendipity that those memories are coincidently attached to Y/N. Nothing more." Donnie ranted on, meanwhile Leo was mocking him pretending his hand was talking. "Oh, blah blah blah science stuff blah blah."

Donnie stood with his arms crossed avoiding Leo's gaze, Leo walks over and places a hand on his shoulder, "Look I don't mean to tease you so much Hermano, just know that I-" Suddenly a different alarm goes off loudly, an animatronic version on Donnie's voice blares in his lab and can be heard throughout the lair, "Code Copper, Not A Drill!" over and over again. "Oh no, no, no, no, no, no!" Donnie says panicked, running to his computer, quickly he begins typing away and a map pulls up with a blinking red dot moving rapidly to main bridge to New Jersey. "What's going on D? What's Code Copper and why is that little blinky light moving to... Ugh, Jersey?" Leo asks concerned shuddering at the last part. Donnie's eyes go wide, he slowly turns to look at his brother just as the others come into the lab. Mikey and Raph stand next to Leo seeing the state that Donnie is in. "Hey bro, what's going on?" Mikey asks waving a hand in front of Donnie's face, he doesn't move or blink, Raph snaps his fingers, "Yō, D, what happened?" Donnie slowly makes eye contact with each of his brothers his breathing pace quickened. He stares back at his computer and fear filling his voice, "Y/N is in trouble."

((Hey! Vyn here, Please vote ⭐️ if you enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to comment your thoughts/opinions down below! I'd love to hear from you, the reader! GO DONNIE SAVE YOUR LOVE!!!!)

(P.S. Sorry, this is a tad short ^.^/* writers block has been a pain >.<,, Hopefully this is good enough to satisfy you!)