Chapter 13: Unsettling

Y/N groans as they come to their senses. Slowly blinking their eyes open, they see a bright white light above them, faded beeping in the distance. "W-Where am... I?" They cough out, throat as dry as a desert and just as scratchy as sandpaper. Slowly, they sit up, and pain shoots through their head. "Tsk, Ahh!!" They placed a hand on their left temple. It was bandaged but still very sensitive. "What..." Suddenly, they remembered what happened, Derrick, car chase, tank crashed, Donnie... "Donnie!" Y/N shouts quickly standing, they fell to the floor, dizzy. They had an IV in their arm, and their eyes followed the tubes up to a machine. 'Hospital?' they thought to themselves, no, no, not a hospital. Derricks grandfathers place, the medical wing. Hanging from the IV machine were several clear bags full of a clear liquid, squinting their eyes to clear some of the blurriness Y/N read, 'Naproxen.' and 'Baclofen.' No wonder they felt dizzy and nauseous. They were being drugged. "I... Have... To get... Out of here!" Y/N pulled the IV out. They began to bleed from the injection site. They struggled to stand and instead started to crawl with all they had towards the only door in the room. Suddenly, the door swings open, and a nurse enters, "Oh goodness! What happened?" She exclaims. She grabs Y/N by their arm and lifts them up. Seeing the blood, she quickly sets Y/N back on the bed and grabs some gauze, adding pressure to the bleeding injection site.

"My goodness dear, whatever are you doing? You're injured, you need to rest!" The nurse tried to explain, but Y/N wasn't having it. "I need... to get out... of here!" They coughed out, trying to stand again, the dizziness slowly subsiding. The nurse gave them a puzzled look, "You are safe here. Why do you want to leave?" She questioned, Y/N groggily shook their head back and forth, "No... Not safe... Derrick..." Y/N collapsed back onto the bed. The nurse put the IV back in and proceeded to clean up all the blood on the floor, just as she was finishing up an older man in a suit with slicked back grey and black hair and short peppered beard walks in. "What happened here?" He asks the nurse, she stands and bow to him, "The patient was on the floor bleeding, they pulled the IV out and was crawling to the door." She explained, "They said they were unsafe here, I believe, because of your grandson Derrick, Sir." He scoffs and glares over at Y/N's unconscious body on the medical bed. He walks over and strokes their head. "What did he do to you this time." His expression had softened. He looked sad and almost guilty.

Back at the lair, Leo and Raph were checking on Mikey, "Bros, I'm all good, see?" Mikey flings his arms and legs around; they are bandaged up. "I'm alright!" He says, smiling. Raph signs placing a hand on his forehead, "Just because you say you okay right now doesn't mean you weren't badly injured Mikey; you need to rest to fully heal." Leo nods in agreement. "Yea, Mikey, things could've gone bad out there. We're lucky nothing worse happened when the tank flipped!" Leo shouts a little too loudly. Raph flicks the back of Leo's head, shushing him as he points over to Donnie's lab. "We still lost Y/N Leo, be careful what you say, Donnie isn't taking losing them very well." Raph whispers to Leo, Leo looks from Raph to Mikey over to Donnie's door and sighs. "You're right." Donnie was quickly typing away at his computer. He had multiple windows open on all three of his monitors, GPS tracking, New Jersey's street maps, and hospital records for everyone named 'Derrick' He was determined to find Y/N and bring them home safely. Leo knocks on the doorframe, "Yo D, are you doing, okay?" He calls into the lab; Donnie doesn't say a word as he hyperfocus's on his computer. 

April comes running into the lair, Mikey had texted her of what's happening with Y/N. "Where are they!?" Aprill questions loudly. "Raph?" Raph looks down with a frown, his arms crossed tightly against his chest. "Mikey?" Mikey as tears in his eyes as he looks away sqeezing them closed. "L-Leo..?" Leo stares at her in the eyes, his own watering up, "We..." He sighs defeatedly, "We lost them." His voice deep in sorrow. April looks around, "Where's Donnie." She demanded, all three brothers pointed to his lab, when suddenly a loud crash and scream can be heard. They all rush to see Donnies' computer monitors flashing large red error signs. He's bent over his desk, huffing hard, filled with anger. No one's ever seen him like this before. "I found Y/N." Donnie growled in a low voice. "What?" April asked, slowly walking into the lab, Mikey grabbed her arm to hold her from going any closer. "What do you mean? You found Y/N?" Leo asked sternly, approaching Donnie. Donnie hit a button on his keyboard, and every monitor in his lair lit up, showing Y/N unconscious on a medical table hooked up to IVs bandaged up. Aprils eyes go wide as she gasps, covering her mouth with both hands, Raph unfolds his arms, clenching his hands into tight fists. Leo gawks in shock at all the screens, Mikey sobs, his orange marks glowing. "What did he do to Y/N?!" April starts to shake with anger, Raph growls in frustration, his fists glowling red, "We have to go save them!" Leo nods, unsheathing his katanas ready to portal to Y/N's location,"Tells us where to go, Don." Donnie clicks another button,this time on his wrist device, and all his tech lights up a neon purple, activated they hum at the ready. Donnie turns with a hard vexed glare, his bo staff in hand, "We're going to Jersey."

(Hey! Vyn here, Please vote ⭐️ if you enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to comment your thoughts/opinions down below! I'd love to hear from you, the reader! Are we gearing up for a fight!? Who is Derricks grandfather, and why does he seem to care for Y/N?! Stay tuned to find out!!!)