Part8

The blonde didn't figure it out when he got himself so invested in the planning structure for his upcoming motive. He couldn't wait anymore for it, regardless of finding Jeongguk's dad or not. Couldn't have it in him anymore not to depart.

So Kim Taehyung allocated all the information and emailed it to his headquarter's trusted mens. They'll handle the rest, he'll be left to the mercy of his assistant, J-hope as usual. 

His eyes flickered back to the time, weird how it reminded him about dinner but not his own self. He was habituated in it anyway, to lessen the focus of his meals that often has been a discussion of Seokjin's concern. 

After all, the elder gave him too much importance even if he was working under him. 

But he can't let it go on anymore, can't let himself get disoriented with his lifeㅡnot when he had someone else's life to care too.

And he was going to do his utmost best for it, for taking care of Jeongguk, and themselves. 

Taehyung collected his things and bundled the files on the cabinet of his desk and placed his reading glass down and kept them aside as well. Organising his rough pages in the dustbin, he stood up. 

Motivated towards down the hallway and checked on Jeongguk when he didn't find him in their room,

Maybe had fallen asleep while watching the movie. 

Taehyung softly smiled when he remembered how adorable he looked wrapped in his red sweatshirt, the sleeves had been down till only the small section of his fingers were seen, creating cute sweater paws. 

Jogging down the staircase, he reverted towards the lounge. 

However his smile slipped off when he heard small whimpers, voices surging as if like a wave, sometimes like a soft unwavering wave crashing on the feets, while other a forceful thrash that's enough to sink a sandcastle. 

When Taehyung met the younger, his eyebrows rose in astonishment and well taken back to see Jeongguk curling on the couch, pillow in his clutch and softly sobbing with his face hidden on it, his hairs seems like a mess and the blonde didn't waste anymore time to leave him alone, but to intentionally wrap him in his embrace and pulling him against his chest, not wanting to make him feel alone, even when he didn't know the reason of his outburst. 

"Baby? I'm here, don't cry.." He husked, his heart rampaging against his chest from the insides, as if his words led the ravenette to grasp him in a tight hold, almost as if without his existence he would be invalidated. 

He could feel the warm and wetness seeping against his bare throat, of Jeongguk's who exhaled heavily before breaking in a shaky sob. 

"Tet-tete" Jeongguk whispered against his shirt, and Taehyung cradled his head as his fingers combed through the ravenette's unruly locks. 

"Gguk, baby, talk to me please.." he pleaded, feeling the ravenette's body shake against him, his voice muffled by the fabric of his shirt and not making sense of any word he muttered, "Look at me," he cupped his reddened cheeks and pulled themselves apart, leading the younger to scrunch his eyes and Taehyung felt loss in words to see his wobbly lips. 

It had been quite a while since he had seen the little cry like that. With such innocence and forcefully calling out for his name and with submission he lay all against his warmth, wanting to feel safe over again in his embrace. 

It broke his heart every time he witnessed the outbursts of his little one, but in each and every time he reminded himself to stay strong, to stay aware that it was in fact healing Jeongguk instead.