Part11

Gusts of wind were whirling around, but it wasn't something to pay attention to. Not when Kim Jeongguk heaved shaky breaths near his husband's bare neck, eyes resting and engraving the moment desperately as if nothing was real but a mirage.

Taehyung didn't stop his motions to comfort the younger, he couldn't urge himself to do so. His slender fingers finding excuses to be wrapped around the latter's raven hair locks, attentive in a quest of finding solace.

Yet there are various questions lingering behind the same thoughts of his mind, but at the same time he couldn't afford to overwhelm Jeongguk in any way.

He should take it easy, he had come far since long.

The dream someday he had once wished upon a star certainly seemed to turn into a reality, which he doesn't want to mess up right away.

A little patience goes a long way.

Jeongguk gently opened his eyes and shifted himself away to gaze at the elder, upon hearing a question in a soft, tender voice.

"Did...you ever went to see your dad? After..he was taken, Gguk?" Deciding on figuring out with a twist in his words, to get the answers he needs with a curious disguise. While thoroughly keeping his eyes on the younger's stance.

"Uh.." Jeongguk slowly knitted his eyebrows, "O-nce.." tilting his head and with his usual habit of picking on the soft article of Taehyung's t-shirt.

It didn't take the elder another second to bring him closer to his chest, keeping him safe from anything. Now that the latter was in care, he shall try his best to provide anything the younger had been deprived of.

"And..how did it go?" He whispered, ready to withdraw his words back if even for a moment he feels the younger is not keen in talking about that.

Jeongguk closed his eyes, clenching a little. Lost but also aware it's a past but somewhere it still stung deep in his bones. "D-dad...told meㅡnever to visit him again," trying not to sound uneasy, which wasn't that hard at all since he had been doing that since his whole life, pretending he doesn't care, he's not fazed..when at night it all dawns in him, with no one but just a pillow. But he wasn't even given that luxury in the recent years that he wishes to forget forever.

Jeongguk clenches his jaw and once again lifts his head up from Taehyung's shoulder, neither he's the one to let everything break him. It hadn't happened at that time...nor will he let it today. Taking a heavy breath he continued seeing the blonde male seemed a little confused, "He was..disappointed in me, that-It had been a week.. and I wasn't doing anything to get him out-But no lawyers were..ready to take a case for him..." The words left his mouth quickly and Taehyung could swear he saw the younger's eyes glistening with regret.

"So..after that you never..?"

"I did," Jeongguk interrupted hastily, "but couldn't meet him..the officers said that his case had been transferred..to the higher ups and had to be taken away s-somewhere.." The younger mumbled while shrugging helplessly, making a sad pout that only made Taehyung's heart melt.

"And when was that?"

Jeongguk lifted his eyes up at the male, before responding lowly. "Two..I think two months after he was arrested.."

'Fuck,' Taehyung silently cursed in his mind as he pretended to nod at the new relevation, "I see," before wrapping the male closer, and this time the younger didn't had in him to resist the care towards him. 'They said him.. his dad's case was transferred..when in reality that bastard literally vanished from the jail...' he bitterly remembered what Namjoon had told him, how Jeongguk's dad had fled from the centre, but now with Jungkook's wordsㅡTaehyung was certain even the officers were somehow involved and blinded by their own loyalty to lie to the younger's face.