Settling Things Out

- Takes place Nine days before Test Tube and Fan's reunion -

- Bot's POV -

I just got home from school. As I got inside the hotel, I put my bags, ID, and my hat on our bed. Suddenly, as I sat on the bed, I thought to myself "Why did mom split with dad all because of his adoption for Via? Maybe I should talk to her..."

I got up from bed, I went outside and got inside her lab.

As I got inside, mom saw me with a surprised expression. She went to me and asked "What do you want, Bot?"

"M... Mom? Can we talk?" I ask.

She sighed, facepalming as if she's busy with something. "About what?"

"About... You leaving dad?"

When she heard the mention of dad, she became frustrated about it. "Bot, do not even talk about that topic."

"B-but mom-"

"Don't but me, Bow Bot! I am your mother!"

I started to fume, I thought the reason behind why Test Tube planned to leave Fan was extremely dumb. "Did you really split up with him all because of the appearance of Via, woman!? Are you NOT greatful for what he's done!?"

Mom looked at me in shock. She slapped my face and said "Bot... How dare you talk to your mother like that...? You... Are grounded for a week... Go to your room NOW."

I then angrily marched out of the lab.

- Test Tube's POV -

After getting inside my office, I thought Bot... Maybe they were right... What if the reason for me to get rid of my husband was really stupid...? Golly, I'm having a painful headache for thinking all of this out by myself.

Later then, I thought of talking about it to the two who must not be named... Y'all already know why they are.

So I stood up, walked out of my office then exit the lab, and went towards Hotel OJ.

I then saw Lightbulb and Paintbrush who are hanging out inside the lobby. When I saw them, I walked towards them and sat beside them.

"Hey, Test Tube!" Said Paintbrush. "So, why are you here while Lightbulb and I are in the middle of something?"

I inhaled before talking. And then I started talking.

"So, did I tell you guys the reason why Fan and I had split up?"

Lightbulb thought for a moment. "No. I'm afraid that I do not recall you telling us the reason behind that. Why did you and Fan separate?"

"So..." I let out a sigh. "You see, this is too hard for me to say because apparently... It sounded unreasonable and dumb... But, here we go..."

I coughed a bit and continued on what I'm supposed to say.

"Let's begin... Fan had adopted that Shimmer egg, right?"

Lightbulb and Paintbrush nodded.

"Go on?" Lightbulb said, wanting more information.

"And then... I thought this was an unnecessary thing for Fan to do... I then talked to Fan, telling him that adopting Via Lactea was the worst decision for him to do. And that's how I ended up here in Hotel OJ..."

Paintbrush cleared their throat. "So, you mean to tell me that you left Fan behind, which is the most tragic thing and the saddest thing ever to happen, all because of an ADOPTION of something you and Fan took years for studies!?"

"Y-yeah... I know it was stupid... I-it's just that... The reason why I thought it wasn't necessary for him to adopt Via was because I thought they were already comfortable on where they currently was until Fan decided to show up and take him back to Earth."

As Paintbrush facepalmed, Lightbulb then asked "But what if Via's parents were neglecting him? What if they were being abused by the Shimmers? What if their parents were bad at parenting?"

I chuckled. "Hehe... Maybe that's a good point... You see, I never thought the reason for my, I quote "divorce" was a bad reason until now!"

Paintbrush sighed in relief. "You see, Test Tube? Not all reasonings are all correct. Some are valid, some are not. Now what did you learn?"

"Sometimes reasons can lead to being wrong?"

"Exactly! So hopefully, you surprise Fan and give him an apology for being so broken to him."

"Oh I will apologize to him next week!"

Lightbulb and Paintbrush groaned.

"It's just that Bot and I have a lot of things to pack up!"

"We'll help you out!" Said Lightbulb.

"I'm skipping this one out." Said Paintbrush.

...

"So, what were the two of you talking about?" I asked.

- Epilogue -

- Bot's POV -

I stayed on our room, feeling angry on my mom grounding me for talking back...

Mom opened the door.

"Bot, my sweetie, you're ungrounded."

"Wait, really?" Unbelievable! She's really doing this?

"Yes."

"Yay!"