Chapter 1 - The Rebel

"This is the moment we have all prepared for, a spark for the rebellion to really ignite. Now, we need to engage all the districts and their victors. In the upcoming time, spies will be sent to various districts to keep igniting the spark for rebellion. Thank you for interrupting your daily schedules. Possible candidates for the missions, will be contacted."

President Coin announced. Rorke Eames, a soldier, pilot and spy himself, was among the many faces in that crowd. He had worked hard in the hopes to gain her attention and was almost expecting to be summoned.

He was the last survivor of his family. His parents and younger sister died of a plague that ravished the district a few years back. They were quarantined, and he was never allowed anywhere near them to keep the plague from spreading. He could only watch as their health declined rapidly and suddenly, one morning, he came to see them covered by a white blanket. It would only be him and his brother left, but his brother soon left for an infiltration assignment...and never came back.

Rorke Eames made himself into the perfect soldier. Learn how to fly a hovercraft – done, learn self-survival skills – done, learn how to blend in with the crowd – done. In all different branches of military training, he excelled. He received top marks on every single examination he went through. His name around the district was becoming familiar to everyone, President Coin included. Rorke did what he thought he had to do to make himself a man of interest for command, because that's what he wanted in the end – command.

"Soldier Eames."

He heard behind him. As he turned around, he noticed Commander Boggs was approaching him. He straightened out in a salute before Boggs told him to be at ease.

"Sir."

Rorke answered as Boggs motioned for Rorke to walk with him. Rorke did so as they walked back towards the main area.

"Am I a candidate, sir?"

Rorke immediately asked. He did not wish to walk around the bushes. As much as he respected the chain of command, he wanted people around him to be straight and honest. He did not want to waste time on lectures of things being more important. His entire family was dead, and he was the last one of the Eames-family, the last one that could get the family name into the history-books. With a rebellion nearing reality, he wanted to be a part of the wave that would wash over Panem and bring down the rule of President Snow.

"I have heard that you like to be taken straight to the point."

Boggs commented first as they stopped. The district was formed like a bee's cubicle, with an open space in the middle. They would near over a hundred levels underground and cover a big space underneath the radioactive surface.

"You and seven others have been chosen to take part in an infiltration-mission across Panem. You will be sent to different districts. You will get to meet with President Coin herself to hear more. Follow me, soldier."

Boggs answered at last as he started walking towards the elevator. Rorke kept his demeanor calm and direct as he followed his commander to the elevator and remained silent until he came face to face with Coin.

"Rorke Eames, take a seat, soldier."

She said as she looked up at him for the first time. The plague had taken its toll on her as well as she lost her husband and child. Her hair was plain, grey, and she looked like she had bags under her eyes for lack of sleep. She seemed determined, like she was previously during her speech for the whole district to hear.