Chapter 12

A week passes since our little heart to heart and now we are in the month of January.

Violet still seems to be upset with me because I didn't tell her about the whole Garrick thing.

So here I am in the kitchen baking one of our favorite treats—puff pastry fruit tarts.

This time I don't have Imogen or Quinn to create a big mess.

I just finished the puff pastry and placed it into the cooler box to chill as I started on the cream.

Fruit tarts are one of my favorite desserts because of the berries you can place on top. They just taste so good, I'm also known to have a sweet tooth.

Violet also seemed to enjoy eating them so I thought it would be a great idea to share some with her.

As I whisk the cream, I hum, slightly dancing to its beat. The reason why I love baking and other more craftsy things is because it takes my mind off of things. It helps me live in the moment.

"Didn't know you were a dancer?" A deep voice stops my movement as I look up from the bowl to see who it is.

And there leaning against the door frame of the kitchen, stands Garrick in all his glory.

How long has he been watching me? I didn't even hear him.

Why is he here? I don't think I was that loud for someone to hear me.

"Imogen told me where you were. I gave her the excuse that we needed to talk about our dragons." He answers the question I was thinking.

He closes the door and walks towards me, turning right around the island table until he reaches me.

"So what's the real reason you want to see me?" I glance up at him as he leans against the island to my right.

"Do I need a reason?" He questions with a smirk. "I just want to see what you're up to, but don't let me stop you. You can continue moving those hips."

I scrunch my nose at him. "Don't be weird." I look away towards the bowl. "You know I'm making these because of you, right? Your little show at the gym got me caught. And now I have to fix my friendship."

"I don't think it is my fault." He crosses his arms. "You're the one who couldn't stop looking, I was the one giving what you wanted." He smirks back at me.

Why does he always tease me like this? He likes to make fun of me.

"If you have nothing more to say then you can go." I also cross my arms and lift my chin.

"Why would I leave when I have dessert right in front of me?" He uncrosses his arms and lifts them to wrap around my waist, pulling me towards him.

Is he talking about the tarts?

"The dessert is not done yet." I place my hands on his chest and try to push away. "You if are going to be in this kitchen, you have to help. No exceptions." I manage to release myself from his hold as he loosens his arms.

"Okay, I'll help. What should I do?" His smirk never falters as he looks from me to the bowl.

"You can finish mixing this, I'll start cutting the dough." I turn my back to him and head to the apron drawer, and then the cooler box. "I'm making puff pastry fruit tarts." I grab the dough from the box and make my way back to him.

His eyes never fall away from me. "Here put this on." I hand him the dark blue apron, I have on a pink one with white lace trimmings.

"I don't want to repeat what happened with Imogen and Quinn so you won't be dealing with flour. But this doesn't mean that you shouldn't be careful." I tell him with my hands on my hips.