(7) A President's Intervention

Coriolanus Snow sat in the opulent office of the President, the grandeur of his surroundings a stark contrast to the shadows that had once marked his existence. The room, adorned with symbols of power, bespoke a life he had fought fiercely to attain.

In the 13 years since the separation from Lucy Gray, Coriolanus had ascended to the pinnacle of Panem's hierarchy.

Marriage came four years after their separation, a union crafted more for political alliances than matters of the heart. A delicate dance where loyalty was forged through matrimonial bonds. His wife,Livia Cardew a figurehead in the Capitol's social circles.

Coriolanus Snow, had ascended to the presidency at the age of 21, making history as the youngest leader of Panem. Now, at 31, the weight of a decade in power rested on his shoulders. Despite the achievements and triumphs that marked his presidency, a conspicuous absence loomed – the absence of an heir.

Despite nine years of marriage, Coriolanus Snow's wife had not given him an heir. The absence of a child meant there was no one to carry on the Snow name, leaving him with a deep sense of concern about the legacy he would leave behind.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

He often found himself consumed by the uncertainty of Lucy Gray's fate. The image of her, vulnerable yet defiant, was etched into the corridors of his consciousness. Did he inadvertently seal her fate that day? The question echoed through the caverns of his conscience, a ceaseless inquiry with no satisfactory answer.

As Coriolanus drifted into a deep sleep, he found himself immersed in a dream of what could have been.

"Daddy!" A voice called out, and a little girl with shimmering bright blonde hair close to white but not exactly, and deep blue eyes came running towards him. He looked around, trying to make sense of his surroundings. To his surprise, he found himself in a beautiful meadow, a serene and idyllic place.

The girl suddenly fell on her face, and Coriolanus quickly picked her up, concerned. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, Daddy," she reassured him, wrapping her little hands around him.

Coriolanus felt a mix of confusion and warmth. Why was this girl calling him daddy? The mystery lingered until he heard a familiar voice.

"He, c'mon, it's time to go back inside; it'll get dark soon!"

The dream seemed to dance on the edges of reality, a surreal blend of unfamiliar moments and a voice that tugged at the threads of memory. Coriolanus hesitated, caught between the dream and the waking world.

As realization dawned, Coriolanus understood. This was a dream, a vision of what could have been if he hadn't succumbed to the voices that dictated his choices.

He approached Lucy Gray, who was playing her guitar in the dream, and gently held her face, placing a tender peck on her lips. She looked at him, smiling, and asked, "What's this for?"

"I just wanted to," he responded, a hint of sadness in his voice.

She smiled, taking his hand, and they walked towards the cabin together, the little girl in his hands. But as soon as they stepped inside, Coriolanus felt his eyes open

awakening from the dream that teased him with the echoes of a life untaken.

The dream, with its fleeting moments of familial bliss, slipped away like mist dissipating in the morning sun. When snow looked to his side he saw a girl with dirty blonde hair sleeping next to him - his wife.