(12) Unspoken Desires

Lumi had been out of the hospital for a few days. The doctor advised her to return for monthly checkups due to the lingering effects of her untreated illness. As part of her recovery, she was given a peculiar metal tube, a product of Capitol technology. The doctor instructed her to inhale the medicine through it whenever she encountered difficulty breathing. Adjusting to this unusual piece of technology, Lumi navigated the nuances of Capitol healthcare, a stark contrast to her life in the woods.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Lumi peacefully slept in her room, Lucy Gray and Coriolanus sat across from each other. They shared a steak dinner, a quiet moment amid the complexities that surrounded them.

Lucy Gray, breaking the silence, asked, "So... what's the real reason you won't get divorced? It's not like you're being forced to stay married."

Lucy Gray saw him as he stopped chewing "Wait are you?"

"Well, they said they'd go public about our little affair, and it's not like I can make them disappear. I promised you," Coriolanus explained

a hint of laughter escaping her.

Coriolanus, slightly defensive, pointed his fork at her. "What's so funny?"

Covering her mouth, Lucy Gray replied, "The fact that even the president of Panem can get manipulated."

"I'm not getting manipulated. There's just... a bit of a delay," he retorted.

"Sure. So, what are we gonna do about us?"

Coriolanus considered their options. "Well, I'm going to get Lumi a private tutor."

Lucy Gray questioned, "A tutor for what?"

"When we get married in a few months, I'm going to register in the Academy, and she needs to have some education."

"I didn't agree to this, Coriolanus."

"Did you think she was going to stay here the whole time, Lucy Gray? She needs to go to school, and she needs an education."

"I just don't want those people corrupting her," Lucy Gray expressed her concern.

"It won't happen, I promise you."

"Whatever you say."

"Oh, right. I forgot to tell you, you were asked to perform at Pluribus's nightclub tomorrow... well, if you want."

"How do they know I'm here?"

"Rumors travel fast," Coriolanus said as he stood up, signaling for the avox to clear his plate.

"Well, think about it and tell me your answer." He started walking towards the bathroom.

"Wait!" He turned around.

"I'll do it." He looked back and smiled. "I'll let them know," and went to the bathroom.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next day, Lucy Gray was getting ready for her performance, wearing a flowy red dress with flowers in her hair. After she had done her makeup, she started putting on her earrings, admiring herself in the mirror.

Suddenly, Coriolanus appeared from behind, sliding his hands to her hips while he kissed the back of her neck. Lucy Gray jumped in surprise.

Coriolanus chuckled, his warm breath brushing against Lucy Gray's ear. "Didn't mean to startle you."

Lucy Gray turned to face him, a playful smile replacing her initial surprise. "You have a way of sneaking up on people."

He grinned, "It's a talent."