(9) Hidden agendas

Lucy Gray rose and held Lumi's hand as they stepped off the train. She kept telling herself it was all for Lumi's sake, then turned to Coriolanus.

"So, where to now?"

"To my apartment. A doctor's there waiting for us."

Lucy Gray tightly gripped her daughter's hand, her steps trailing behind them. Fears raced through her mind, wondering what might unfold. The relentless thoughts echoed – what if they tried to take Lumi away from her?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After a brief car ride, they arrived at Coriolanus's apartment. The atmosphere was tense, the weight of their shared history looming over them as they stepped into his home

Coriolanus led them into the apartment, a sleek and opulent space that reflected his status. Lucy Gray couldn't help but feel discomfort as she glanced around.

Then she spotted the doctor, an older woman in a white coat, stood by, ready to examine Lumi.

"Please, have a seat," Coriolanus gestured towards the living area, the air thick with unspoken tension.

Lucy Gray hesitated but guided Lumi to sit on the plush couch. The doctor began her examination while Coriolanus watched, his expression unreadable. As they waited for the verdict on Lumi's health, the room held an uneasy quiet.

"Oh I see" the doctor said

"What is it doctor can you cure her is she gonna be okay?" Lucy gray kept freaking out

"It's a delicate situation. Her illness has progressed significantly, and she's quite weak. I'll do my best, but I can't guarantee a full recovery."

Lucy Gray's heart sank, the weight of the doctor's words settling heavily. She looked at Lumi, who sat there, unaware of the complexity of her own health. Coriolanus remained silent, absorbing the reality of the situation. The doctor continued her examination, her movements deliberate as she tried to provide the best care possible for Lumi.

"But it's strange... I haven't seen a case like this since... well, since the dark days," the doctor said, her expression filled with confusion.

Coriolanus Snow's expression shifted, a trace of concern mingling with surprise. "What do you mean, 'since the dark days'?"

"Well back when people didn't have anything to eat we resorted to eating anything even flowers but this particular flower contains microscopic bugs that feed on the nectar. Inhaling or consuming them can lead to respiratory problems and potentially cause death. The Capitol disposed of these flowers after the war, so it's puzzling why your daughter would be affected unless..."

"That's enough, you can leave," Coriolanus quickly said, standing up, a sense of urgency in his voice.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When the doctor left through the door Lucy Gray quickly stood up and her frustration and fear collided as she confronted Coriolanus.

"Why would you make her leave!"

"Because nobody can know about your little life in the woods!"

Coriolanus scowled, his frustration turning into anger.

"You think I want the world to know about your little rebellion? This can't ruin everything I've built!"

"Rebellion? I was hiding from you! From everyone!" Lucy Gray's voice carried a blend of frustration and defiance, the weight of her secrets laid bare in the confrontation.