2: RUN!

Your head hurt, a pulsing pain flashing in and out of existence just behind your eyes. Everything was dark, to the point it was impossible to tell if your eyes were open or closed.

Bringing a hand to your head, you gingerly rubbed circles into your temples, trying to ease the throbbing pain. Yet, your fingertips soon brushed against something sharp, something that had a thick liquid slowly flowing down it. You pulled your hand away from it, wincing at the slight sting in your fingers as you put them in your mouth.

An intensely sweet flavor invaded your senses, making you pull your fingers straight back out of your mouth. You grimaced at the taste left on your tongue, a shiver running down your body.

You wiped your hand off on your clothing, not wanting your own blood to remain on your fingers. Your clothing felt different, like the outfit had completely changed, but you couldn't see in the darkness.

At first, you'd all believed this was a dream, that at any moment you'd wake up back in your house and find your mother still in bed or brewing up another spell or potion. But now... This wasn't a dream. It never was and it never could be.

You let your body drop to the ground, bringing your knees up to your chin and curling into a ball on the ground. You buried your face into your legs, tears spilling from your eyes as you silently sobbed.

After what felt like eternity, but was most likely mere moments, you remembered that iolite you'd had in your pocket.

Quickly, you sat upright, wiping your nose with your sleeve as you began patting yourself down. After a minute, you felt something hard buried among the layers of cloth that adorned your body. You instantly searched through that section, but you heard a small clatter as the gem fell off, landing somewhere off to the side.

You quickly start to feel around the cold floor, searching for the iolite. As soon as you felt it, you clasped it in your hands, bringing them to your chest where you closed your eyes.

The world shook around you as a clattering sound rang out in the space. Your eyes shot open in surprise, yet the world was still pitch black.

One hand fell away from your chest, moving to your side while the other kept the iolite pressed against your chest. Your empty hand grasped at the space beside you, instinctively reaching out to hold onto your mother's hand like you'd done so many times ago when you were younger.

Yet, you flinched at the feeling of a hand grasping onto yours, holding it. You looked to your side, in hopes of seeing somebody, or even anything, but it was still pitch black. You reached out with the hand clasping the iolite to the space beside you. But your hand passed through air before meeting a wall, nothing was there.

The hand holding yours tightened slightly, a ring on the pointer finger pressing into your skin slightly as the thumb moved up to rub small circles into your knuckles. It was a motion your mother had always done to help you calm down, and you couldn't stop the tears that begin to trickle down your face as a small smile pulled at your lips.

Grabbing a hold of your bravery, you tightened your hold back on the hand holding yours. You turned your head to face what you believe is forward, but it's impossible to tell what direction which is, and what way up or down is when you're trapped in pitch darkness.

"What was that noise...?" You quietly questioned aloud, hoping for some response from something.

However, the voice of what appeared to be a young boy came from in front of you. "Crap, people are coming...! Gotta get a uniform while..." The voice trailed off before you could here all of what they'd said.

"Grrr!!" The voice reached your ears again, but it sounded as if the person was grating their teeth. The voice let out a sigh, now sounding disappointed and annoyed. "The lid is too heavy."