9: Research Discoveries (And Heartslabyul Shenanigans)

Hey,  Natsumi-nee   You're gonna love this chapter Arlow, don't die on me though

Honestly, you'd lost track of how long you'd all been in the library. The moon was still up in the sky, so you knew it couldn't have been too long, even still, your head hurt from all the words.

Crowley had been busy at the desk, writing down key words or locations Enma said to see if they could locate his homeland. The few books that flew towards the trio had been assigned to you to read through.

You'd let them know whenever something stood out or seemed important, but it wasn't very often it happened.

Closing the book in front of you, you added it to the pile floating beside you. That was the seventh book now and still basically no information. Elbows on the desk, you dropped your face into your hands. Letting out a sigh, you rubbed your temples.

Having fully filled the search scroll, Crowley swept his hand over the parchment, clearing it instantly. He fell back into the plush chair behind him, letting out an unamused hum.

"There really isn't anything." Crowley stated, crossing his arms as he swiveled in the chair to face the younger male. "Not only the world map, but the name of your home isn't written in any history."

Enma's brows furrowed, despite having been helping try and search for any information regarding his place of origin.

"Are you truly from where you say? You aren't lying to me by chance?"

Enma looked down at the uniform he was wearing, namely the chest pocket of his uniform blazer. A crest was embroidered there, with weird figures and shapes around it.

"I'm not lying."

Crowley gave a slow nod at this, letting out a sceptical hum as he proceeded to grasp his own. "Looking at all this," He gestured towards the small pile of floating books beside you that hadn't any key relevance towards Enma's place of origin. "You may have somehow been brought here from another planet."

Your head popped up in interest at that. There'd never been much talk about that kind of 'thing from your mother, although a few of the children you'd met had brought such a thing up before.

Hands moving to his hips, Crowley gave Enma a sceptical glance, not seeming super confident in his words. "...There's also the possibility you're from another world."

Your interest was definitely peaked by now. Is Crowley insinuating Enma came from the land of dreams, or someplace similar? Or is he saying that this place is basically a land of dreams and isn't reality...?

Ok. No. Shut up. Stop overthinking this.

Enma just seems entirely taken aback by all of this.

Unwillingly getting up from the plush seat, Crowley wraps his fingers around your upper arm. The robe sleeves crinkle up under the hold as he hikes you up, before moving you to stand beside Enma.

"What did either of you have on you when you arrived here?" The bird man questioned, folding his arms over his chest as he kept his eyes on the both of you.

Enma simply gestured towards the two bag things he'd been carrying since the beginning, whereas your hand slipped into the robes sash. Your fingers curled around the cold iolite, finding comfort in it, before you took it out.

"This is all I have..." You whispered, holding your hand out to Crowley, the iolite cupped in your palm.

He proceeded to pick it up, holding it up to the light as he examined it. You opened your mouth to protest, hand moving towards him a bit.