4: That's A... Lot Of People....

You were back at those doors, the big pair of doors you'd fled through earlier from Grim. Speaking of that, where had he run off too, you hadn't spotted him as you followed Crowley back here.

You could hear loud chattering coming through the door, which seemed a little off considering this was supposed to be a 'welcoming ceremony.' Whenever your mother had her rare ceremonies, she made you sit in near silence the whole time, so the fact there was loud chatter seemed off.

Needless of this, Crowley pushed the doors open, walking straight inside the room with the floating boxes. Following behind him, you kept close, sort of hiding in his shadow as you hid under your hood.

There were rows of benches right up near the middle of the room where the floating boxes were. More rows were behind that one, following one another so far back that they stopped a couple of steps away from where you stayed somewhat behind Crowley.

Practically every bench was filled with people wearing the same robes as you, other than a handful stood off to the side of the room. The murmuring quieted down, but didn't completely stop, as hundreds of faces turned to look at the both of you.

There were so many people....

You unconsciously curled in on yourself and huddled behind Crowley a bit more, not used to the amount of people in the room. Although, some didn't turn to look at whom had just entered the room, instead whispering to the person/people beside them or watching as one of the slim boxes descended from where it was floating.

Suddenly, the lid of it popped off at clattered to the floor as someone stepped out of it with a loud shout.

"I'm going to miss my bus!!"

You jump at the loud noises, while other people whip around to see who it was or just look over their shoulder. You watch as the guy who walked out of look confused, almost reflecting how you felt when you got here.

He looked like he was a similar age to that horned guy you'd seen in the forest clearing, but not a forest clearing, area earlier when you'd been running from Grim. They were both even wearing a formal kind of uniform, although this guy's looked different, it was a lighter colour.

"Where am I...? I'm sure I was just at the bus stop..." You barely heard him from how far away you were, but you could see as he looked around the room, before stopping on the lid on the ground.

"Hm? That's shaped like..." Sudden recognition showed on his face as he whirled around to see behind him, his voice suddenly spiking into a higher pitch as his face contorted into shock and fear. "A COFFIN?!"

Oh, so that's what those floating boxes are called. Coffins... Not a weird name like 'Gates.'

All the people on the benches were silent as they watched him shoot backwards, moving away from the coffin as a tall, thin pole-thingy wrapped up in fabric, falls out of the coffin.

Standing before the coffin, he goes silent, seeming to be thinking about something before he quietly mumbled something to himself that you failed to catch. Yet, as he goes silent again, the murmuring of all those people in the same robes as you, starts back up again.

You manage to catch some from the people in the people in the bench in front of you;
"Hey...that guy...just came out of the Gate all on his own."
"How does that even happen...?"

You technically came out of your coffin all on your own, although Grim was a massive part of that considering his fire and all. Speaking of that raccoon-monster, where had he even gone?

Looking around the room, you couldn't see any blue fire, so you turned to look behind you. The doors had closed behind you and Crowley, so he wouldn't have gotten in then unless he darted between your legs when you're walking, but you would've noticed that, right?