5: Fire In The Hall

"Sugar plums..."

You couldn't keep that curse from slipping from your mouth at the familiarity of that voice.

And not even a moment later, Grim burst through a window right up near the roof, sending glass shards raining down on everybody sat nearby. He plummeted straight towards the chandelier, which he landed on with an unnatural grace before jumping off it. He went straight towards one of the floating coffins, his paws hitting its lid as he kicked off it and went towards the floor.

The coffin went spiraling off to the side, threatening to crash into a wall, but luckily it stabilized itself in time and floated right back to where it previously was as if nothing had even happened.

Grim landed on all four of his paws on the ground, before quickly standing up on his hind legs and holding one front paw in the air while the other was resting where his hip should be if he was human.

"I heard the whole thing!" Grim stated, not even acknowledging the fact that everybody in the room was now staring at him.

You groaned quietly, your head falling into your hands as your cotton-candy hair fell over them, brushing against your knees. Of course, Grim would show up again, you should've expected that. He'd been so addiment in trying to get your robes earlier that him just running off to leave after slipping out of Crowley's 'lash of love' didn't seem right.

The person beside you gave you a confused glance you didn't pick up on. They didn't understand what was going on or who that creature was. After a moment of you not even noticing the raised eyebrow they gave you, they sighed, looking back at what was happening in the passage. Not before giving a quick flick of their head to move their lavender locks out of their face.

"Do you have any idea how many people are dying to get into this school?!" Grim demanded towards the boy, who just stared at him in shock. "And you would throw away that chance...? Unbelievable!"

"But if you insist..." Grim began, lowering his paw down from where it was straight up in the sky, "You can leave..."

A smug smirk grew on Grim's face as he thrust his paw out at the boy, pointing it straight at him.

"...And I'll take your spot in the school!" He demanded, as if it was something that could happen naturally.

Crowley seemed appalled at that demand, hurriedly speaking up as he approached the two.

"First, you release a student from their gate early and chase them around the academy for their uniform, causing them to be late to our ceremony. Then you barge into said ceremony, and now you're talking nonsense...!"

You feel Crowley's eyes on you for a second, and sink into the bench, trying to hide away from his vision. This is embarrassing....

"Whaddaya say?" Grim questions the boy, who is still just staring at him with wide eyes, completely silent as he's processing what's happening.

Grim takes his silence as an answer, whirling around to face the 'headmaster' with crossed arms.

"See? He's stunned speechless with gratitude!" Grim stated with a wink, not seeming at all annoyed by the fact he was talking to the same person who'd restrained him with the 'lash of love' earlier.