6: This Isn't Right...

" Off with your head! "

The sparkles and bright glow coming from the crystal diminished almost instantly as a loud metallic clank echoed around the room.

You flinched slightly at the noise, getting knocked out of your little trance-like state. The world was spinning a little, the colours of everything blurring together a little as you took an unsteady step to the side.

Your hip knocked against the side of a bench, making you wince slightly in pain, but you reached out a hand and felt around for a few seconds to find the back of the bench to stabilize yourself.

Gripping onto it tightly, you blinked a few times while shaking your head, attempting to clear your vision. It worked after a couple of seconds, although it was a little disorienting.

Letting go of the bench, you straighten out the front of your robes, trying to tidy up the messy state your new clothes had become. You check the little fabric belt on the robes, slipping your hand into the little pocket like section of it.

Your fingers brush against a small hard object and you let out a small sigh of relief. The iolite hadn't fallen out amongst all that chaos, the loose strip of fabric serving as a belt was actually rather useful at keeping things against your body.

"What the heck?"

You slip your hand back out of the make-shift pocket at the familiar voice, turning your head up to see why Grim sounded so confused.

"What is this collar?" You were met with the sight of Grim sat on his haunches, front paws trying to pull an overly large heart shaped collar, over his head.

His claws dug into the golden metal bordering it, making you wince the slightest bit at the painful noises it generated whilst failing to sink into the solid object. It was stuck around his neck, with a big gold lock right at the very front, holding it securely in place.

Grim fell back onto his back, his hind paws kicking in the air as he scrabbled around, trying to pull his head out of the hole in the collar. The metal squished up his cheeks and forced his chin up in the air, making it more difficult to wriggle out of as he just moved it higher up his neck.

"ARRGH!"

You had to cover your mouth to keep yourself from laughing out loud at Grim's noise. But it wasn't only that, it was the fact that his hind paws were now scraping at the ground, claws leaving little indents in it, while he pushed the rest of his body up, trying to pull his head out from the collar with weird techniques.

Grim's body twisted towards the side as he kept trying, but one of his hind paws slipped, causing his body to roll over himself. His legs shot over his front, causing his entire body to follow after as he rolled over his head, the collar making a harsh scratchy-clank noise against the ground.

You couldn't hold in a laugh at what was happening anymore, making you let out a small snort of laughter into your hand at the sort of show you were being provided.

Grim seemed stun from what happened and didn't move for a moment before resuming his struggle to get the collar off from around his neck.

"I can't get it off!!" he yelled, both front paws moving to the underside of the collar as he tried to shove it up, trying to pull his head down at the same time.

He looks like a duck right now... Or a very angry squirrel...

The red-haired boy folded his arms, watching Grim's struggled with an annoyed expression, although you were certain you could see a sort of amusement hidden beneath that.