CHAPTER- XVIII

Pallavi went home blushing. She went at Geet's first to change the clothes. Geet was asking questions about the clothes but Pallavi was silent. 

"It was an event and I missed you so I came here. You know na, Baba doesn't let me wear these kind of dress so I wore it from bookstore and I have to change it too."

"Oh then you must be tired! Go to my room and change. I'll bring noodles."

Pallavi was changing her dress and couldn't get Sid off her mind. The dress, the jewelry, reminded her of him. Geet brought a nice cup of tea and noodles. Pallavi ate all in one breathe. 

"Gosh you were this hungry?" Geet asked by the look of her eating style.

"Yaar, It was only said to be posh show, there was so much varieties but nothing to eat. Do you understand what am I saying?" 

"I understand exactly." Geet laughed.

Pallavi looked at her phone. It was late. She ran to her home.

The day had came. It was Sid's time to fly. Before going into plane, Sid had messaged Pallavi,

Bye

Have a great flight.

Pallavi had gone to work. She was waiting for Sid's messages. But she got busy in her work. 

One week had already had left without Sid, she was starting missing him. She was hearing latest news from Abhi as he was hearing from his mom. Abhi said Sid is really busy handling his family, and his father is fine but not discharged from hospital. 

Weeks were going by easily. Pallavi's busy schedule was not being easier. Pallavi would go to jogging in morning, go to her class, and be at work and go home after 5 pm. Geet would invite her to many places with Abhi but she wouldn't want to be third wheel. 

Geet was getting more and more proposals for her wedding. She was getting frustrated. 

One day, Pallavi went to Geet's house after finishing her work. Pallavi and Geet went to balcony and took tea with them. They talked about random things at first, as what they ate, Pallavi bitched about workers in her office. Geet talked about  where she visited with Abhi. 

Everything was finished talking, "So what's actually going on? I heard there's many proposals. Should I practice my dance routine?" Pallavi asked in sarcasm.

"Haha very funny, Pallu." "I'm so so so frustrated by my parents. I have told them maybe now thousand time that I don't want to get married. And I want to join their business."

"Exactly. Parents don't understand. I haven't still told them about my new aim, FASHION. I also want to do something with Fashion. I'm done with bookstore, its just for an income."

"What are we gonna do, behen? We're done. What if they force me to get married. What will Abhi do without me?"

"Then say that you're with Abhi. Then they may understand?"

"Haha. You want me to die? And its about marriage, I don't want to get married. I want to start a business first then its been Abhi and it will always be Abhi."

"I also want to start something that is mine."

Both looked at their life and stayed quite.

Geet took out her phone and scrolled Instagram.

"Hey, How much these wedding planner company may earn? People seem to be spending so much on wedding these days."

"Yes. I was wondering the same. The margin seems more extended every year. Everyone is throwing money on wedding." "And the fashion, If I had the opportunity to dress the bride, it would be perr-"  Pallavi took a pause.   "Ha, Are you thinking, what I am thinking?"