three

✼

Thirty minutes into the movie neither of you had uttered a single word. Bakugo was somehow keeping himself entertained on his phone and you were preoccupied with the movie. But it didn't take long for the lights to suddenly go off in the lounge.

"Are you fucking serious?" Bakugo snapped and you glanced up momentarily to see the disgruntled look on his face. "Did you seriously think the power wasn't going to go out at some point?" You questioned, earning an eye roll from him.

"My phone died," he retorted as he stood up. "now I'll go to my room." You could tell he was annoyed with the fact that he practically had to give up the silent war the two of you were having. "And what are you going to do? You can't charge your phone, no power." You were holding back everything in you to not laugh in his face

His response shocked you though, "Read," he was facing away from you so you barely heard him but you made sure to pause the movie before you started to laugh.

"You read? What do you read?" The thought of it made you laugh, sure you knew he wasn't illiterate. But you couldn't picture Katsuki Bakugo reading for fun. He didn't give you a verbal response as he walked away flipping you off without looking back once. A satisfied smirk settled onto your lips as you resumed the movie while taking the last sip of your slightly cold hot cocoa.

You were starting to enjoy the peace you had with nobody else in the lounge but not even 10 minutes later Bakugo returned. A blanket and a book in hand but it had a book sleeve on it so you couldn't see what it was.

What was he reading that he was trying to hide?

You squinted at the blond and watched him sit back in the same chair as before. "I'm starting to think you're actually dumb." You say, hitting the space bar on your lap to pause it again. "The hell?" Bakugo grunted as he snapped his head in your direction. "Did you not hear me?" You asked, feigning ignorance to your words. 

"Why would you come back down when we don't want to be one each other's company?" You clarify staring the blond down and waiting for an answer. "I told you before, I'm not changing my plans just because yours had to get changed." You hated that response, it was dumb. Only because you knew he would complain more when the easy fox to the situation would be for him to burrow away in his room just as he normally did. 

So you give him a once over, looking for any signs in his body language that tell you a different story. Yet he didn't move a muscle. "Well I'm not turning my volume down, and I'm not going to my room until I feel like it, so don't complain." The tone in your voice was assertive, you meant every word you said. 

The second he was to huff in annoyance you were going to be ready to instigate an argument with the blond. You got a kick out of it anyway so why not?

You knew he had known better than to say anymore and give you a verbal response so when he gave you one last piercing stare before turning to his book you were more than satisfied.

You could finally continue your movie.