nine

✼

"You said we'd go outside, you didn't say I had to play in the snow," Bakugo complained with a disgusted look on his face. "True, but c'mon. You didn't think we were just gonna go on a walk or something did you?" You quip and his face remains the same. "No, I did." He retorts as he walks past you.

You had left the dorms somewhere close to 3, and none of your classmates saw the both of you leave at the same time. You were cozied up in your puffer jacket, knitted scarf, mittens, and winter hat. While Bakugo was in his puffer coat, with a hat, and a scarf.

"Aren't you cold?" You ask while gesturing towards his unprotected hands. He gives you a look as if he is saying 'seriously?' with narrowed eyes, followed by him putting his hand out in front of him and using his quirk. "Oh, duh." You say as you walk alongside the blond down the sidewalk.

You guys made it to a smaller park closer to campus and it was surprisingly a little empty. There were a few kids with their parents but other than that there weren't many people around. "We should make snow angels," you suggested, solely to see what facial expression Bakugo would make.

Just as you would've guessed he looked at you like you were insane. "So that's a no?" You ask biting your cheek to stop a smile from your face. "You've got to be kidding." He mumbles while shaking his head. You see his eyes travel to a bench and you know what he's planning on doing.

Not on your watch.

You looked at the snow on the ground and made a snowball with your eyes so fast that Bakugo hadn't noticed. Then when he wasn't looking you threw at the back of his head and iggles escaped your mouth.

Bakugo slowly stops to turn and look at you. You expected him to throw one back but he didn't and instead kept walking. "Are you serious?" You groan while tossing your hands up in the air in defeat. This time you bend down to grab the snow with your hands and you aren't quick enough to defend yourself against what happened next.

Snow hitting the top of your head followed by Bakugo snickering. "Oh wow. " You muse as you ball up the snow in your hand and throw it at him. He dodges it scoops some snow into his hand and throws it at you and you don't dodge fast enough. It hit your eye and you clasp your hands over it immediately and groan in pain.

"Ow! What the fuck Bakugo?" You snap while hissing in pain. "Oh. come on you seriously think I'm going to fall for that?" He retorts not buying into your injured eye. "I'm not joking, I think there was a chunk of ice in that." You utter and he's skeptical for a second but takes a cautious step towards you.

"Let me see," he insists urging you to reveal your eye to him. While he did that though you were making another snowball behind him with your other eye and hurled it at the back of his head. "Oh, you did fall for it though!" You exclaim revealing your perfectly fine eye. "Oh it's on!" he shouts and he grabs some snow again and starts chasing after you.

He's making snowballs faster than you can keep up with and tossing them at you so fast. You don't have time to make them by hand but you keep using your quirk to make them with the snow around you and throw them back at the blond.

For a brief moment, you look over your shoulder to see how far away the blond is but in that same moment, you trip over something in front of you and collapse to the ground back first. Bakugo didn't have enough time to process this and fell right next to you.

Immediately you started laughing at the blond to which he grabbed show from the side of you and dropped it on your face.

You couldn't stop laughing though and eventually, he started laughing too. It was weird, you had never heard him genuinely laugh before. It felt like you weren't supposed to. Like his laughter was a forbidden sound and you were breaking some sort of law.

However, you kept laughing just so he didn't stop. If you could you would've laughed forever to hear his, but all good things must end at some point.

You sat up from the snow and looked down at the blond. "You know what I could go for right now?" You start and he sits up right after you. "If you say hot chocolate I might leave you here." He says in a threatening tone. You pause and think of how to respond next and smile slyly before doing so. "I could go for some hot cocoa." You announced as you stood up and dusted snow off of you.

"That is the same thing," Bakugo said in an irritated tone and you told him it wasn't. "You said if I said 'hot chocolate' and I didn't. I said 'hot cocoa'. So there's a difference." You said and you think he might just be exhausted because he doesn't even argue back after that. You ended up stopping at a café on the way back to the Heights Alliance dorms.

Taking both of your orders to-go on the way back you manage to convince Bakugo to join your class's Secret Santa gift exchange.

"Did you have fun?" You ask while nudging Bakugo's shoulder. He let out a sigh before shrugging "I guess so," he mumbled while taking a sip of his hot cocoa. "You guess so?"

He sighed again and looked over at you--who was already giving him a stern look. "Alright yeah I had fun," he admits. You smile to yourself proudly and drink some of your hot cocoa. You think the two of you are going to walk in silence the rest of the way until Bakugo breaks the silence.

The millionth time now he had done so which had caught you by surprise every single time.

"Thank you for being tolerable the past like 2 days," He mumbles while looking down at the ground. You blink in shock and your mouth parts slightly. "You're welcome?" You're not sure if you wanted to take the tolerable comment as a compliment or not. Instead, you brush it off.

"Thank you also," you beamed "I think I like you now after our bonding time. You're not so bad after all." You finish and you don't realize how your words came across to the by next to you. You don't notice the way his breath hitches and his eyes widen, you didn't even bat an eye at his rosy cheeks because it was cold outside. "We should do this again sometime," You suggest as you enter campus.

"Yeah," he agrees. "just not in the snow preferably," he adds with an eye roll and you laugh.

"Right."