eight

✼

After your 37 total rounds of Uno, the two of you had picked up any messes you had made. During the process, you had noticed the snow was done. The view from the windows though was practically nothing but white--everywhere.

"When do you think everyone is going to get back?" You ask the blond who was washing the dishes the both of you used earlier. "Not soon hopefully," he muttered and you just barely understood what he said. "Oh come on, don't you wanna know what they did during that whole snowstorm?" You question once more while drying the dishes as he hands them to you, and then putting them away.

"Honestly, I couldn't care less," he says rinsing off the last dish and handing it to you. You dry the dish quickly and put it back in its original spot. When you finish, you leap against the counter and look at Bakugo who still stands in front of the sink.

The two of you stood there in silence for a moment, stealing glances at one another when the other wasn't looking. You thought you were going to be the one to break the silence surprisingly enough Bakugo did. "So," he starts, "What do we do now?"

"I'm not gonna lie I thought we'd both be in our dorms by now." You admit with an awkward chuckle. The blond narrows his red eyes for a moment and sighs, "Is that what you want?" HE asks while crossing his arms over his chest.

You didn't expect him to ask that so you didn't have an immediate response. You had to think about it and once you were set on an answer. At the same moment, you were ready to speak you heard the front door open and several voices following. Both of you turned your hands in the direction and you could see your classmates dispersing in several different directions.

"L/n! Kacchan!" One voice calls out--it's Midoriya and he's waving the both of you down as he speeds toward the kitchen. "How are you guys? Was everything okay here?" He asks in a concerned tone. Bakugo doesn't respond verbally which you expected, so you did.

"We're fine, how about you guys though?" You question back as a few more of your classmates walk up behind the green-haired boy. Midoriya and Hagakure both begin to explain to you how the storm came out of nowhere right as they got to the park. At some point during the story, you started zoning out when you realized Bakugo had left and wasn't downstairs anymore.

You tried to seem actively engaged in the story as your eyes scanned the first floor and you couldn't spot the blond anywhere.

"Sorry guys, I don't wanna interrupt your story but I haven't changed out of these clothes yet, and I should shower now that the power's back on." You say apologetically--luckily those two don't take any offense to your reasoning and let you go without any further questions.

Besides what you said wasn't a lie, you did want to get out of your clothes and shower now that you finally could. So you rushed over to the elevator but you realized a few people were already waiting to get on--one of which was Mineta so you opted for the stairs. Even though you dreaded them. You sucked it up though and rushed up to the fifth floor, and down the hall to your room.

You grabbed a comfy outfit from your closet and took a quick hot shower in your bathroom. You were in a rush, you had to find Bakugo.

You didn't know why but you had the urge to find him and talk to him again--you didn't know what you were going to say. The first place you went to look was his dorm. The only place you thought he would've rushed off to. So you head downstairs--taking the stairs yet again. You were pretty sure his dorm was the second to the left.

To be completely honest you were sure he'd even answer the door so your knocks were hesitant. A moment of silence followed your knocks so you tried again and this time you said, "It's L/n," hoping that he would answer now. Silence still followed and you were about to walk away until you heard the doorknob turn and Bakugo stepped out of his room shutting the door behind him.

"What's up?" He questions, his tone completely calm.

This was the first time you had noticed that his demeanor towards you had been completely different from your first interaction yesterday. It made you much more comfortable to ask your next question, though you were still nervous.

"Tomorrow if it's still snowing do you want to like, hang out? Outside, I mean--since we were kind of inside for almost 24 hours and we missed out on the park yesterday, even though you didn't want to go in the first place. And I know you said you didn't like snow but--"

He cuts your rambling short, "With the whole class?"

You shake your head cautiously, "No, just us."

"Sure," he nods, you almost think he's going to follow it up quickly with some variation of telling you he was lying or just kidding. He didn't though. "Really?"

"I don't see why not."

"Okay," You nod beginning to take a few steps back. "Tomorrow at 3? Meet me out front." You say quickly turning to leave, not waiting for his response.

How had you gone from being easily annoyed at his presence to being nervous to talk to him in 24 hours?