Forty seven

“I didn’t get up from where I lay for days, my heart felt so heavy and the pain was too much. And just when I finally dragged myself up, ready to go back to my kingdom and nurse myself back, it started. The sky turned dark, so dark that I had thought my father was responsible and I tried to go back to the kingdom to know what was happening and I found out that I couldn’t. I tried so hard but it was of no use, I was scared, thinking that I have been banished but then an unbearable pain had gripped me. It hurts so bad that all I could do was lie on the earth, wriggling in pain.
The pain was too much and it only leaves me for like ten hours and then it comes again, it went on like that for days until one day, I woke up and the pain was gone and with it, the pain that came with my heartbreak. I felt stronger, powerful and no atom of feeling apart from those. All that kept running in my mind was to kill, kill and nothing more. Before I could stop myself, I was in the village and then I was killing, women, children, men, animals, every living thing,” she closed her eyes as tears rolled down her cheeks, “I couldn’t stop myself, I tried so hard to but I could not and then tree vines sprouted from the earth and tied me together, I tried to free myself but the hold was too strong.
That was when a man appeared in front of me, a god in fact, a god that I know. It was Zachery, the prince and the future king of the god’s kingdom. He walked up to me and said, ‘do not worry my dear, I shall free you from this misery,’ and with that, he brought me to this cave,” she sniffled and looked around, “here he tied me up with the celestial chain, knowing that I cannot escape. I tried though but I could not and then he came to me and kissed my forehead and vanished. I wailed and growled like a trapped animal, wanting to be free and to continue my blood hunt but then, in a short while after he left, a strong pain gripped me and it was so unbearable that I lost consciousness
When I woke up, Zachery was with me and I wasn’t tied up anymore. I noticed that I have recovered myself and my taste for killing was gone. I asked him what he did and his reply sent me to another wave of pain. He told me that the curse had befell on me and the only thing to save me was to kill the human man I have come to love and that it was either his life or that of the human race. And so he had saved innocent human lives by killing the one responsible for it all. I had cried and mourned his death and Zachery was there all the while. He helped me, took care of me and I didn’t stop mourning until I saw him, the human, he has been reincarnated but he was still a boy. I knew that if I go to him then, he might love me but the day I thought of that, I repelled the idea as I found out that even though I was not aware of it, I have actually fallen for Zachery.
That night, he told me that he was my mate, that the day he found out, he had come to tell me but he had seen me with a human man and had decided to wait till he dies off and then be with me but unfortunately, that had happened and he was not ready to lose me over a man that cannot stay faithful to his wife. He told me he did not regret killing him, that men like him should not be existing. But I didn’t care anymore, I already have a loved one that was ready to kill for me. We have gotten married and Alador was born two hundred years later and you, fifty years after,” she glanced at Bamushka, “Zachery made sure no one talked about it, not everyone knows about it but Zachery’s family and mine. So you see, Ilayas knew what would happen and just lied to you, he used you.”
“I’m…I’m sorry,” Bamushka apologized.
“You should have come to me, you should have told me what you were planning.”
“I thought you would not agree.”
“Of course I would not, why would I want my son to go through such pain, knowing how hurtful it feels?”
“I’m deeply sorry.”
Azura sighed, “we have to fix this, he cannot live like this for the rest of his life. Something has to been done.”
“But what can we do? The only solution in the book of gods is that he would kill…” Bamushka stopped and glanced at Mariah who had just been staring at them and sensing what she was about to say, Mariah just sighed.
“There have to be another way,” Azura revealed then she turned to Mariah, “Alador is more connected to you than anybody and t’s because you have been together in your previous lifetimes. The bond has gotten stronger within the years, tell me something, can you hear Alador when he is in his animal forms? Can you hear him in your thoughts just as if he is talking to you?”
Remembering the day it happened, the day she had broken up with him and also remembering the times it has happened in her previous lifetimes, she nodded, “yes.”
Azura smiled, “I knew it, we fight against the both of you but in reality, you are actually his mate. Only a mate can hear his or her mate subconsciously, it’s an act for them to communicate secretly that no one else can hear what they are saying, in this case, even though you are human, no god can hear what you say to him. So, before this happened, where you able to hear him?”
“Yes, the night I…” she closed her eyes and sighed but Azura had already picked out everything from her thought.
She sighed and nodded, “that is a good thing, it means the bond had fully manifested before everything happened and that is your ticket in bringing him back. My case with Jacob was different, he never really loved me, he never heard me and I had thought then that it was because I have not confessed to him and neither him to me so I believed that since the mating mark has not appeared then t’s the reason. But I was wrong, it was because we were not bonded, he was not my mate. Look at your case, you heard him before he confessed to you and the bond always bring you together, it kept your souls entangled which was why even at death, you can still remember and feel him and he on the hand, never let you go.
T’s the mating bond that does that, not the mating mark, Alador is your mate Mariah and since the love is reciprocated, you just have to call out to him. But the problem now is, would he listen to hear you?”
“Something is wrong,” Bamushka said immediately, drawing their attention, “listen, can you hear it?”
Mariah listened but heard nothing whereas Azura did, “human cries,” she exclaimed, “Alador is in the village.”
“Oh God, what are we to do? We can’t send her out to him not knowing if he would stall enough to listen to her or would kill her on sight,” Bamushka cried.
“You are absolutely right, what are we to then?” Azura asked.
“I will go to him,” Mariah shocked them by saying. They both glanced at her, each wanting to protest but she raised up her hand and stopped them, “I made him like this, it is by right I heal him. He has always been loving and he doesn’t deserve this, that is why I am going to do everything I can to save him and I am not taking no for an answer.”
“But…” Azura tried.
“Please, let me do this, let me heal him.”
“But…you might die,” Bamushka said.
“I don’t care, all I know is that, I will not let him live like this and that is my decision. Just promise me one thing, should anything happen to me, make him understand that it was not his fault and that I have forgiven him, please.” Bamushka sighed and then nodded after a while.