Fifty four

It’s been three months since the fight with the hackeries and both Alador and Mariah had recovered fully well. And right after Alador had been crowned the king, he had wasted no time in asking Mariah to marry him. The whole kingdom was surprised but not shocked, surprised because they knew it would happen but never knew it would be so soon and also with the fact that it would be the first time a human is becoming a queen in the gods kingdom. While some of them might not be at peace with that but they have no choice but to give in. One of such is the fire gods, the fact that Bamushka had been groomed to be the queen since she was born made it harder for them to accept another woman as their queen and to that a human.
But without being told, they knew there was nothing they could do about it because no living being can ever challenge Alador to a fight, not even the heavily feared hackeries and they were not ready to lose their lives unnecessarily.
The wedding was holding today but Alador was nowhere to be seen, no one panicked, not only was he the king but he has the power to defend himself in any danger he encounters and so the preparation carried on with everyone knowing that he would show up when needed for he would never miss the chance to marry his beloved human.
In the human kingdom, king Lugar sat on his throne while his men report to him of having searched everywhere including the neighboring kingdom and his young queen was nowhere to be seen. Lydia and Jacob were at the side listening to the news. The kingdom had encountered a dangerous situation three months ago and when everyone woke up from the nightmare, Mariah was nowhere to be seen ever since.
There were rumors in the kingdom that she ran away with a younger man because she didn’t want to marry the king and some that she died in the forest while running away from the beast that had raided the kingdom and so many more but Lydia didn’t buy any of the idea, deep in her heart she knew that her daughter was still alive but she just can’t tell where she is and she is determined to find her.
The doors suddenly opened and a man walked in, his hair was longer than that of any maiden they have seen and was white as the moonlight. His eyes were a strange combination of black and gold, though strange but it was beautiful as well. His face was like he was handcrafted by the gods himself and he was dressed in black tunic as he walked into the room majestically like a king.
While Lydia, Jacob and the rest of the men stare at him in wonder, Lugar was wondering why he had come to visit. The man was not a stranger to them, they can recall they had seen him at the party in the palace when Mariah had been announced as the king’s betrothed and he had even danced with Mariah but there was something different about him now, like he was untouchable and even his aura told them he was someone not to be messed with.
“Greetings your highness,” Alador said with a soft smile, “I hope I am not intruding?”
“Of course not, my Lord,” Lugar said standing on his feet immediately, as a king, he had received information like every other king about the new king of the gods but what he doesn’t understand was why his royal majesty was in his palace. “May I be of any help to you?”
Alador looked around the room, his eyes settling on Lydia, the woman that has been used as a vessel to bring his love into this world again. He can still remember the day she was having her, how he had calmed her down and taken the pain upon him in order to give her strength to bring her into the world for him. A smile graced his lips for her and Lydia gasped, the man was so beautiful that she doubt if there would ever be one to compare to him. “Are these your trusted men?” Alador asked.
Lugar looked around and nodded, “yes, your Majesty, they are.”
“So I can say whatever I want to say in their presence?”
Lugar frowned but still nodded, “yes your majesty.”
“Good,” Alador nodded, “you owe me an apology.”
Lugar was shocked to his bones, what had he done that annoyed him so? “Pray tell me what I have done my lord and I shall apologize immediately.”
“You married my mate,” Alador dropped.
Lugar was like a statue, he couldn’t understand what he just said and it sounded strange to him, “my Lord?”
“Mariah, she is my mate and you married her, but…I shall not take the offence to heart because one, you were not aware, you were told to do it and I will not blame you for that and two, you have not soiled her so, all that is left to be done is for you to forget that she was ever your wife or your queen because she is mine.”
Not only Lugar but Lydia, Jacob and the rest of the men in the room were shocked now, what is he talking about? Mariah is his mate and king Lugar should forget that she was ever his wife? Where is that done and how could that be possible?
“But my lord, she has been missing for months now,” Lugar announced.
“I know, because she has been with me and today, we are getting married. I just do not want to marry her with the thought that she was still your wife, I am a very possessive god and I cannot bear the thought of sharing my mate with a human,” Alador said, feeling the need to answer to the thought of everybody in the room. With his words, he led them know of his identity and enjoyed the silence of their thoughts due to their shocks.
“But my lord, Mariah is human,” Lugar felt the need to let him know, “how can she be with you or your mate?”
“I know she is human but she has been after my heart from the very first time she was born into this world and after our consummation tonight, she will not be pure human anymore, she will be way out of your league and you will be beneath her and let us not forget, she would also be the queen of the god’s kingdom so a man like you, do not deserve her. So before I get to my kingdom, I will like to hear the news that you have released her as your wife, do I make myself clear, your highness?” he tilted his head to the side with a soft smile playing on his lips while his eyes dared Lugar to disagree.
Lugar opened his mouth and shut it, he was speechless and the fact that the man in front of him could easily end his life with a flip of his hand scared him the most and he nodded immediately even though he didn’t want to but he had no choice.
“Answer me with words, your highness,” Alador said.
“Yes your majesty,” Lugar hastily said.
Alador smiled then, “good,” then he turned to Lydia and Jacob, “thank you for looking after her for me when I could not but I must have you know that I am not in support of you pushing her to marry the king.”
“We are deeply sorry, we had no idea you have made a claim to her, my lord,” Lydia quickly apologized and Jacob nodded in agreement.
“T’s why you are not dead yet, although, I would not want the part that she would be in sorrow for your deaths, I would not like to see her cry, so you are pardoned. Also, have in mind that your daughter is alive but I am afraid you might not see her again, ever again. She will stay with me now where I can guarantee her safety and can keep her within my close watch. Thank you once again for you beautiful audience,” and just then, he heard Mariah calling for him and he smiled, “I shall take my leave now, my bride is waiting for me,” with that he bowed and like air, disappeared, leaving everyone in shock of what happened.