Fifty five

When Mariah saw Alador, she smiled and let out a sigh of relief. Alador, already hearing her thoughts and her fear smiled and whispered in her mind, “do you think I am ever abandoning you my love? I have waited nearly a thousand years just to have this moment, I am not losing it for anything in the world. I can finally call you mine without a worry in the world, you are all I have lived for and all I am still living for.”
His words brought tears in her eyes and she couldn’t stop them fast enough from trailing down her cheeks. “Na ah,” Azura warned, “no crying on the wedding day,” she said before seeing Alador and the way he was gazing at Mariah and finally realized that he might be the reason she was crying and the sweet smile on Mariah’s face told her it was tears of joy. She wouldn’t blame them though, they had fought many lifetime of existence to finally have what they are having now. In other words, she was happy for them.
Soon after, everyone headed to the forest that had been decorated by the forest gods to be befitting for a king’s wedding. As Alador stood in front of Mariah, his eyes welled over in tears, he had dreamt of this day, imagined it and wished so much for it to come to pass and now finally, he was having it, his wedding and not with any goddess but his beloved human, his joy knew no bound and likewise Mariah.
She knew she cannot boast of loving him more, after all, she did not endure losing him and waiting hundreds of years for him to be reborn only for her to lose him again and again but one thing was for certain, she loved him from the deepest part of her heart, with her every being.
An elder read out their vows for them and they took it and Mariah’s name was then included in the book of legends as the first human to marry a god and be the queen of the god’s land.
After their vows, it was merriment and celebration and after the celebration, Mariah and Alador retired to their bedchamber. While she sat on the bed, drowning over the fact that she was finally Alador’s wife, he stood by the side and watched her, admired her. “Do you have a wish?” he asked, calling her out of her thought, he doesn’t want to listen to her thought anymore, it has already happened and he wanted to bask in the joy that comes with it.
Mariah glanced at him and nodded, “actually I do.”
“What is it?”
“I would have loved if my family had attended our wedding, this is the wedding I would want them to remember me with.”
“I’m sorry, I should have asked you earlier,” he apologized.
“It’s nothing, it doesn’t matter,” she smiled.
“You did not think about it, I would have heard you.”
“Trust me, I have had only one thought today, to get married to you and nothing more.”
Alador chuckled then and went closer to her, he sat beside her on the bed and softy took out the pins that were used to hold her hair, “I have been thinking only about that as well.”
“You have?”
“Mm hmm,” he nodded, “and do you know what else I have been thinking about?”
“What?”
“I have been thinking about doing this,” he leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips, and when he released her lips, he looked into her eyes, “and this,” he slowly started losing the knots of her wedding dress. Mariah blushed crimson red but she didn’t stop him. When he had untied all the knots, he pushed the sleeves off her shoulders and now with nothing but her linings which was a complete see through, he stared at her in wonder and for the first time, she saw a burning desire in his eyes. He gulped and she saw his Adam apple bobble on his neck and the way which he stares at her lit her up on fire.
She could feel burnings on places she has never felt before and the urge for him to touch her on the places no man has ever done before not even him, at least in this lifetime overcame her and she closed her eyes and waited for him to claim her as his.
Alador leaned forward and kissed her one more time while slowly getting her out of her linings, when she was finally undressed, he made her lay on the bed and he laid down beside her. He caressed her cheek with his thumb, loving the feel of her skin against his and the colors that covered her cheeks, giving her the shade of red he love so much. “Do you have another wish?”
Mariah nodded but shied away soon after. Alador chuckled, although already picking her answer in her thoughts, he was still consumed with the urge to hear her say it. “Tell me,” he urged.
“You already know,” she accused softly.
“No I do not, tell me, please,” he curled a lock of her hair on his fingers, gazing at her affectionately. A cold wind blew into the room and Mariah shivered making Alador close the windows with just a wave of his finger. “Please,” he continued.
Mariah shut her eyes tightly and while Alador waited for her to tell him what he wants to hear, she turned towards him and slammed her lips on his. He was shocked and surprised, he didn’t see it coming, she did not even think about it to at least prepare him for it and while he was still basking in the first surprise, she pressed him down on the bed and climbed on top of him, no longer shy that she was naked in front of him. Before he knew it, she started undressing him, taking her time to untie the knots of his tunic and being as gentle as he was to her. When his upper body was in view, she placed her hands on his strong chest and continued kissing him and when she let him go for air, his eyes were burning with fire. No longer traces of surprise or gentleness in him but rather, he was being consumed by the desire he has been keeping locked up all these years.
He placed his hands on her tiny waist and flipped on the bed with her, he hastily came out of his clothing and covered her lips with his once more. They were both aching for each other now, both of them remembering the times they had been like that before and while consumed with that thought, he claimed her, taking away the pain even before she could feel it. Wrapped together in each other’s love, they both enjoyed the pleasure they brought each other and were not able to sleep till the early hours of the morning.