Chapter 19

"What happened to your face?"
"Don't bother asking."
I continued walking through the school and touched my cheek...it looked even worst than yesterday. I sighed, dropping my hand back to my side.
I walked into the classroom and plopped down in my seat. The side of my face with still slightly stained green but the bruise turned into a sickening mixture of blue and purple.
Aki-sensei leaned at my side staring at the bruise, "That looks gross."
"Thanks as if I didn't know that."
Aki-sensei laughed.
"Hopefully you improve in this class after that trip."
"Mhm."
- - -
Juice.
I like juice.
I don't like chocolate.
Valentine's day means chocolates.
I sighed and and wandered around the campus sipping on the can of orange juice.
"Aren't you early to school today, Nika!"
I choked and starting to hack. I cleared my sore throat and looked down at Reborn, feeling quite upset.
"What? I'm always early."
He said nothing and just stood there staring at me.
"Are you giving chocolates to anyone?"
"No. Why would I?"
"Just curious. Why don't you give some giri chocolate to your kouhais."
I thought about it. I sighed.
"...I'll drop by the store."
"Buy? No, you're going give them homemade ones."
I crinkled my nose.
"Ew, no." I turned away to head back into the school.
"Nika." A sudden chill rushed through my spine. I turned around and started for the school gates.

---
As Nika turned away, Reborn let a little smirk slip.
She's accepted her fate.
---
"Kai...why are you leaving school grounds?" Hibari stopped as I walked through the gates.
"School hasn't started. Going to buy chocolate."
"For who?"
"My oh so precious kouhais... Why? You want some?" I held up my wallet.
Hibari said nothing and leaned against a wall.
"No", There was a pause "I don't like sweets."
"That's good, neither do I or my wallet."
---
I looked curiously into the bag. I wonder if convenience store chocolate is good.
Hm.
I stopped. Strange.
The hallway was not that crowded. I can only imagine what class 1-A looked like. I turned a corner. There it is, the whole population of 1st year females...it feels good to be tall again.
"1st years. Out of the way."
The crowd of girls stopped for a moment and using that chance I entered the classroom.
The students that were in the classroom looked at me.
"Hello guys. Kyoko."
I seated myself promptly in a seat.
"Nika...what are you doing here?"
"Hey 10th. I bought chocolate in the morning."
I placed the bag on his desk.
"You can split it with the group, or keep it. It's the the thought that counts."
He seemed shocked.
"Eeh? For me?!"
"Yea, you're the boss now right? Bye."

I then turned to the mass of girls in the doorway. Tch. Freaking Hibari. Even though I'm not work in for him.
Why am I still doing his job.
"Ladies. Quit crowding and get to class. The bell rings in two minutes."
They glared at me questioning why I was ordering them around.
"Why?"
Oh lord, don't these girls care about school. Well I don't really...but I still do my work."
"Pst, shut up. Isn't that the girl hangs around the disciplinary room?"
"What girl?"
"The second-year...you know."
"Hibari's girlfriend."
The was a silence and then the crowd of girls suddenly dispersed.

What was that.

I could practically feel sweatdrops radiating from Tsuna and the others.
I turned around.
"Wait. So is that a thing?"
Tsuna laughed nervously, "Well...you guys are together a lot these days."
...
"Aren't you going to be late to class?"
"Don't you know...I don't have a 1st period class."
"Seriously? Why?"
"The classes here aren't advanced enough. Well, Bye."
I exited the classroom and quickly made my way through the hallways.
Upon entering the disciplinary room, I paused and leaned against the doorway. "Hello. Since when were we dating?"
Hibari who was sitting at the table replied without looking up."Never. According to the rumors, about a month ago. You must be dense."
"Hm." I sat on the couch feeling irked, "Why didn't you end the rumors?"
"It benefits the disciplinary committee overall safety of the school."
I sighed.
"How so?"
"Because they think we are dating, my power is granted onto you therefore...the second Hibari."
I placed my hand on my forehead.
"Of course more work for me."
---
Hibari looked up to girl.
The more he studied her the less normal she seemed to be. She had a secret. Either that or she was just one abnormal person.
Either way. She wasn't that annoying compared to to the other students.
He continued to ponder the thought before looking at the papers scattered across his desk.
---
I sat crisscrossed on the library chair as I read a book. It was another early morning day, meaning I still had to go through all the pains of school.
I glanced outside seeing Tsuna rush in at the last second again. Honestly, for the future boss of one of the most powerful mafia famiglia, he sure is irresponsible...or one can say pathetic.
Hm.I guess that's why he has Reborn and his family.
The bell rang initiating the first class. I sighed. This day was especially long...you know I feel nice today. I'll save Tsuna from Hibari. I got up from chair and walked to the front door.
Tsuna stood in front of Hibari with two other students. The three were trembling. As I walked closer. I could see the three students glance up at me. Tsuna's eyes were filled with a slight hope and practically pleaded for my help while the other two somehow seemed even more distraught. Since when did he begin to to trust me. My footsteps echoed through as I looked up in thought.
As I reached the group, I greeted the prefect, "Hey Hibari."
"Hn."
I stopped in front of the group.
"I'll take this one."
I grabbed Tsuna by his shoulders.
Hibari narrowed his eyes at me, knowing that I was going to set him free.
"No." I paused to think.
"I promise a fight with a certain baby?"
Tsuna twitched under my hands, the other two students glancing briefly at eachother. Hibari's eyes suddenly showed interest and turned away. Taking that as an okay, I pulled Tsuna away.
Further down the hallway, Tsuna thanked me profusely.
"One promise, never make do do that again."
"Okay...Is Reborn actually going to fight him?"
I kept my face blank as I had in in the beginning.
"Most likely not. That's why promise me I never have to that again."
I opened the classroom door and peered in. The class was in the middle of roll call.
I waved to the teacher and pulled Tsuna.
"He's off with a warning. Have a nice day."
---
I reentered the library and sat at my seat by the window.
I had just finished a page in the book when I involuntarily shuddered.
A click was heard on the table.
I whispered to myself, "I'm going to die."
"So I have a match with Hibari?"
I placed the book down uneasily.
"Yes... Please Reborn."
Reborn smirked and I almost started crying.
"No. You're going to have face the consequences."
"Reborn. I can't fight him."
"Fight him."
His eyes flashed threatening me.
My internal organs shriveled inside.
"Okay, I'll fight him. Let's just get the consequence over with."

Jilian started laughing, "Hahahaha, you gave in so easily. Seriously though aren't you afraid? You're going to die."

My body was now nothing but an empty case, for all of my organs have died.

Jilian...there are some things in this world that is more terrifying than death.

"Nika."
My once empty mind, was suddenly filled with unease.
"What?"
"You don't seem to understand. Fighting Hibari is the consequence for making him a promise that won't happen. The thing is you also made a promise without receiving my permission." This damn brat.
Reborn eyes once again flashed. "What was that?"

Death. Save me.

"What do I have to do?"

---
Where is the kid? Okay I remember he hid in that one dog's house, but he wasn't there.
I sighed.
"Nika-nee. Ranked...ranked...Nika-nee why can't I rank you."
'Hm, seems like you haven't been here long enough.'
"Futa?"
I turned my head to the park.
"Nika-nee!" He ran up to me.
"Can you take me to Tsuna's house?"
'Say yes.'
"Sure..."
Do you know where Tsuna's house is?
'Of course. Walk straight, take a left, walk two blocks, and take a right.'
I grabbed onto Futa's hand and began walking.
"Nika-ne, why can't I rank you?"
"...I don't know Futa, maybe you can try again another day. I don't think it would work anytime soon."
We continued to walk in silence with me occasionally asking ranking questions.
I stopped in front of a house. This is it.
I rang the doorbell. A moment later the woman known as Nana opened the door.
"Hello. We're Tsuna's friends, I'm dropping by to drop this little one off. "
"Oh, Why don't you come in and have a drink. "
"I'm sorry. Hehehe. I do have to get back to school. I'll drop by afterwards."
"Take care Futa."
I quickly returned to school making it to class.
---
Stupid Hibari.
Making me stay so late. I thought back to the moment I told him the truth. The consequence fight (beatdown) is chosen to take place in a few days.
I knocked on the door.
"Oh hello, your just in time for dinner. Come in!"
"Thank you."
I entered the warm home shedding my shoes.
"Who's at the door?"
I followed behind Nana.
"Hello."
"Nika?! What are you doing here?"
I looked at the people surrounding the dinner table.
"Futa of course and Mama's food."
I placed my arm on her shoulder. "Futa ranked it pretty high."
I sat down and started eating as the others sweat-dropped.
---
Tsuna exasperatedly looked at her. He sighed and starting complaining in his head. 'Why wasn't she here earlier when we actually needed help!?'

Nika suddenly swallowed, "Don't you dare complain about my tardiness." Her eyes flashed with irritation. "I'm receiving a beat down for yours."

Tsuna let out a surprised squeak.
"Oh. Hehehe...I'm sorry."

'Ehhh! She read my mind!'