Chapter 4

My eyes opened slightly. I squinted. I sat up taking in my surroundings it was still dark.
I slipped out of bed and walked silently into the small kitchen area that was in the living room separated by a thin wall.

I opened the small fridge. A pleasant surprise, there was actually food. I took out an apple and started eating.

Time.
What was the time. 5:29AM. Ugh, so early. Still a while before school starts. I went to the bathroom, did what I needed and changed into one of the many school uniforms that was provided in the closet. I shuddered wearing it. It was abnormal at least for me.

The uniform consisted of a short sleeved button up collared shirt and a skirt. I wore shorts under and
mid-shin socks. I found a pair of shoes as well. I took the ribbon and tied it into a loose bow around my collar. I pushed my hair back tying it with a hair tie.

5:58AM

I rummaged through various cabinets before I found a school bag. Taking the folder of papers I stored it away in the bag with the money I had found. I held the guide book before leaving the apartment. I looked at the floor number, 4th floor.

It's still early, is there a way to the roof. I'll have to earn my way to heaven now right?

Experiencing new things. yay.

I found a door at the end of the hallway. At the top of the stairs, I opened the door leading to the roof. Cool air nipped at my skin. I stared into the sky at the fading stars and the slowly brightening sky. I laid down staring at the sky. I felt peace for the first time for the past few days.

'Heyo!'

Irritation quite a familiar feeling, now appeared.
"What are you doing here?" My eyes closed.
'Well looks like you're actually sorta trying to live life. Here to experience a sunrise?'
"...Sure."
I sat up to watch the day's first rays of sunlight touch the sky. Dawn's rosy color touched the sky slowly spreading.
...A golden light appeared on the horizon followed by its source. The sky lit up in a glorious way.
I felt a feeling. Amazement. Awe.
This is nice...

Jilian stood back watching Nika. Nika's face although it showed little expressions. Her eyes were filled with it. This girl. Throwing feelings into my face.

'Well I got be going! Bye!...and remember you don't have forever.'

6:45AM

I will just attend school now. No crowd to start with. I opened the book and went on a trail according to the provided map. As I walked I heard an EXTREMMMEEEEE!!!! echoing in the background. Ryohei needs to learn the definition of silence, its so early in the morning.

I stood in front of the school gates. Sigh. I walked in 7:10AM. In the office they provided me my classroom information and there I was in the class of 2-A, alone, waiting for school to begin. I leant my head against arm and stared out the window. As the time approached for school to begin, I glimpsed a trail of dust in the horizon getting closer to the school. Tsuna? Underwear. Kyoko. Love confession. I forgot about this. How sad. Ahh first years.

...yea I could avoid them yea, I'm a second year. I'm not associated with them or their problems. No mafia, no violent Hitman in a baby's body, no fight, no people.

...Oh Hibari got to him.
I turned my head forward.
Why is there already a math problem on the board. Damn.
The bell rang.
Haah. Assuming that's for me.
The teacher stepped into the front of the class.
"Class, today we are joined by a new student. Kai-san may you please stand and introduce yourself."
The class suddenly filled itself with murmurs.
...yay.
My mind ran over my memory.
"Hello, my name is Kai Nika. Let us get along."
I sat back down and leaning my head slightly leaning on my hand.
The teacher, Aikawa-sensei asked, "Don't you want to answer some questions?"
"No. Not really."
"At least come up and solve the equation on the board."
I glanced the board again. Simple, I suppose.
Once again stating, I already have a high school diploma, middle school math is simple. As I stood, the chair squeaked loudly, as I walked, hushed whispers flittered around.

"Hey isn't that the question everyone missed on the quiz yesterday? Man, Aikawa-sensei is so mean. We were supposed to review it today."

I rolling the chalk in my hand feeling its cold surface while reanalyzing the problem. I wrote the answer below the question next to a simplified version of the work I did in my head.

I quietly turned and walked down the aisle to my seat. Behind me, Aikawa-sensei nodded.
"This is the correct solution to my question, good work."
Silent wows and whispers filled the room.

Tch. Easy.