Chapter 3

Throb. Throb.
My head. I sat up quickly, too quickly.
I clasped my mouth in attempt to not spill out everything in my stomach. Seems as if I did that too late because there I was retching out my insides. I slowly pushed my hair out of the way and wiped my mouth. My eyes scanned the room I was in, but nothing really changed for I was in pitch black darkness.

"Hello?"
The room suddenly lit up revealing two doors. The back of my eyes ached even more at the sudden light.
'Hello Nika'
"Who might you be?" I questioned my eyes roamed the room looking for the source of the voice.
'Well after your death you're supposed to go through a bunch of angels and blah blah to test if your worthy of entering heaven, but things are a bit different for you. Quite an intriguing case actually. I am here just as a guide and to basically tell you everything you need to know. The names Jilian by the way.'
Death? Well that figures.
"How so is my case different?"
'Ahha, well you see...uhh how do I put this nicely...Your life sucked. You weren't productive or how you say it, had a purpose in life, so the Council decided for you to try again.'
"...I must go through everything again?"
'Basically, well they were nice enough to give you a choice of another world.'
"Fine."
'You'll have to live life now. Kay?'
"First show yourself. It would make me feel as if I had not lost my sanity."
'Fine.'
A young girl appeared before me her eyes glowing.
"So I basically am going to be thrown into another world to fend for myself as a chance to relive life and experience things."
'Not exactly, we won't leave you defenseless if that's what you're afraid of. I'll appear from time to time to help and we already like set up your home and stuff as a kickstart. Cool right? Okay then off to the door!'

Jilian practically started shoving me towards the door. The door opened itself revealing a blue sky. Wait a sky?Well they are indeed kind.
"Excuse me Jilian, sky diving is not something I volunteered to do and where in the world am I about to be pushed into?"
'I don't care if its not you don't like it! The world is a surprise! Figure it out yourself! Though this life is drastically in comparison to a normal life.'

"What?"

She pushed me through the door.
I plummeted towards the earth.
As I fell only one sentence calmly left my mouth. Expressing no emotion at all on my face, "Jilian I will slaughter you."

Jilian who was standing against the door looking down suddenly had a dark chilling aura flash through her body and down her spine. The unseen aura was truly terrifying and Jilian almost collapsed herself after feeling it. Blood Lust.
'Uh oh. She's serious.'

I approached an oncoming roof. I positioned myself to land safely and hoped for the best. If I were to die again, once I meet Jilian her demise will be in my hands. But what happened was not to be expected. One I was perfectly unharmed. Two I was in an apartment sitting awkwardly on a couch. Looks like Jilian's going to be safe...for today.

A packet of papers was placed on the table in front of me along with an envelope. Taking the papers I scanned through them dropping them back on the table. Information. Very informative. Totally. I took the large envelope and opened it. The envelope contained a student ID, a guide book, and a ring case. I took out the ring out of its case and deposited the student ID into my pocket. The ring had consisted of a silver band and a clear orb imbedded into it. On the inside of the ring were the words The Pellucid Ring was engraved. I placed back in its case and placed it in my jacket pocket. The papers I had looked at stated I was 14 years of age. The age of hormones. Brilliant. How long will I have to live.

I wandered the apartment. 1 bedroom. 1 bathroom. Living room with a small kitchen in a corner. Tshh. Approved. According to the papers I start school tomorrow. School?
No. I scowled at the thought.
Reliving that hell is not going to help me in anyway at all. I already learned everything I needed...I aced those trivia games. A clock was placed on the wall displaying 4:37 as its time, still plenty of time left until tomorrow.

What world am I in? I took the ID card out once again. I read it using the skills I earned after Japanese classes and years of anime and Japanese games. Which was not that helpful. Japanese Lettering formed a school name.
"Namimori Middle School?"
My mind pondered on the name. It seemed quite familiar.

Oh wait.

Ah. How splendid getting thrown into Katekyo Hitman Reborn. No. Of course life is like this. Throw the girl into the Mafia world. Let us see how she survives. If I had known...a dark feeling started in my chest.
I calmed myself. When was the last time I watched KHR...it was a few months back.
I walked into the bathroom.
So young. I touched my face.
My hair was black, bangs framed my face. I touched the hair draping my back. Either sides of my hair was cut off at shoulder length leaving the leftover center hair falling to mid back. My eyes were a brown color. Seems to me the most interesting thing is my hair.

The moment my mind emptied I felt incredibly tired. I walked into the bedroom and after tossing my jacket into a corner, I fell asleep.