Preface

This story was originally intended to be a sequel after the first book, though unironically, the writing process and the book itself became a collateral disaster. No pun intended.

The plot deviated in the wrong direction, plot holes, red herrings, inconsistencies, horrible subplots, unnecessary additional characters. The characters were wondering aimlessly as the story itself. Even the writing process for the following chapters was jarring on its own.

There was something completely wrong with the narrative that an outsider had to examine the story with a critical lens and pinpoint the source of the problem.

Despite that it was a co-written project, the harmony within the storytelling got lost. There was less interaction and less writers to share ideas for the following scenes of the story.

The real adversaries were writer's block, delay and burnout. Even with good ideas on the table there was poor timing and execution as well.

The fact that the story itself was Collateral both in fiction and in reality it serves as an example of how a project can fall apart over time.

Nevertheless, it served as a learning experience. Despite it's flaws, the edited version of the story shall focus more on its positive traits and remove the excess fat.

Collateral shall be brief focusing on the Redemption Round arc following with some scenes from the story before it went off the rails. The pieces shall be put into place and hopefully have more substance compared to the original version.