Chapter 1: Anabell 🆚️ Felin

Annabell tried to control her breathing as Eros had shown her, she didn't even understand why she was here in the first place. This seemed more to her, this seemed like she wasn't trying to gain honor, to her it felt like she was lost and alone all over again, the memories hit her like a brink.

Annabell was standing in a cage, a cold dirty cage, she had been foolish enough to run away from Eros two times, even after he swore he only wanted to help her. She was trapped in a cage and the walls were made of metal. Something about this fight had triggered the painful memory.

"Annabell?" A voice said breaking out of memory.

Annabell smiled, "Eros," she said with a whisper.

"I hope you know what you're doing, don't want you to get hurt again." Eros said quietly.

"I won't," she replied with a fake smile.

"M'lady, remember your training, don't let your opponent know of any weak spots, don't let them see how to break you down, once they find a weak spot you're most likely dead and remember The best defense is a good offense."

Annabell smiled, she knew that was true, and knew she needed to remember that.

"Also," Eros said once more bringing me out of my thoughts. "I had a spare hour, so I made you an outfit to wear while you fight."

"Oh really!" Annabell said happily.

"Yes, I hope you like it." Eros said handing her a black bag, Annabell smiled and took the bag and quickly left to get dressed. Inside was a one piece outfit, it was solid black, except for the bones, there were bones for shoulder pads, and three on the boots. There were also gloves, and a black cloak, Annabell smiled. She loved it, she quickly got dressed and headed to the arena, she quickly spotted Eros sitting in the crowd, he smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

The spotlights were turned on, revealing the host while she gave a dimpled smile. "Welcome to the Redemption Round everyone." Cheers were heard from the audience. "The competitors will have another chance to fight once more, the fallen will come forth for redemption and determine their worth to compete, for keeps!" She announced before the roar of the audience became louder. "To my right we have a competitor that got struck down by an angel and she's back to defend her honor. Give it up, for the evolution incarnate Annabell." Some of the spectators gave a round of applause, though Eros was the one who whistled, rooting for her as the spotlight shined on her. "And to my left, we have a competitor that showed her tenacity in the Arena, don't let her humble appearance fool you. Put your hands together for the Deity of Trust, Felin!" The audience gave her a round of applause as the spotlight shined upon her while she made her way to the stage. "Now, let the match begin!"

Felin shuffled her way to the stage. Her eyes were glued to the ground. She tried to block out the noise of the arena. Blurry memories of her human and lioness lives flooded her mind. The sight of the arena that was smaller than the current. The crowd roared and cheered as the opposing human entered the stage. Felin, no, her lioness form, Mia, cautiously walked towards the center. Her eyes scoured the seats. Then, they happened upon the throne. The tyrant ruler, Faustus, sat with an evil grin. And next to him was Felin’s human form, Ama. Her memory switched to Ama’s view, seeing Mia. Felin felt both their emotions… Happiness. Sadness. Worry. Fear. Her fists clenched as they covered her ears. ‘I can do this,’ she said to herself. ‘I need to win this for my previous mistake.’ Her breath hastened as she repeated those words.

Watching her, Ryan couldn’t help but to worry. “Maybe this is a bad idea after all. She seems to be having a hard time.”

“Let her be. The memories of our pre-deity lives will always be a part of us,” Breloq started explaining. “Though not all deities have traumas, the ones that do, they need to overcome them.” An image of a cold, damp space with no light, doors, and windows popped into his mind. “That is when we can pass our limits.”