What an insane idea

Joanna's POV*

The door of my apartment did it's usual "squeek" -noise when we opened it, and stepped in. The noise had a good effect on me, it was there always to remind that we've come home alive and usually with something little in our every pocket. Me and Kim both emptied our pockets to the counter next to the door, and I walked away to get some water after this draining robbery while Kim was counting the jackpot.

"How much we've got?", I mumbled to Kim while trying to hold the water in my mouth.

"130...140.. We got 210 dollars, not much but I'd say it was worth it.", she answered after a while.

"It's always worth it in your opinion, even if the jackpot is only 20 dollars, Kim.", I smirked and threw a little giggle.

Kim didn't answer, she just gave a little giggle back. I looked outside from the kitchen window and saw the cops driving the other way from my apartment, to the store we just robbed. It was always very fascinating to see them being so stupid and unaware of these robbers around town, and that we were behind them.

It was late and we were both exhausted. Kim was now laying on the sofa and I was sitting next to her watching TV and scrolling through my phone. I heard that the todays local news just started, but I didn't pay any attention to the TV right away, until the news reporter mentioned something about robberies in my town. Kim got up and turned the volume up a bit. The reporter said that there was two tiny robberies today in my town, and that the robbers were not seen after. Basic things you hear in the news almost every, but something caught my attention.

"Kim? Did you just hear that?", I asked tuning my head over her way.

"I did, yes. But two robberies? We only robbed once today, Joanna.", she seemed confused.

"Yes, that's what we did."

In tiny town like this it wasn't usual that there were other robbers around, we thought. 

"It might have just been some kid playing around with daddy's gun or sum shit.", Kim laid down again with her black, long hair hanging all over the sofa.

"Yea, might have.", I said still sounding a little confused.

For a moment we both were just silent, and focused on our phones while the wind outside in the dark evening was blowing against our windows on the 3rd floor apartment. The moon was reflecting it's light through the glass cabinet that was sitting next to the apartment's door. It felt peaceful.

"By the way Joanna, I have something to suggest to you.", Kim said and suddenly broke the silence.

"Tell me.", I answered.

"What if we could rob something bigger sometime? Like a bank or something? This is starting to get boring.", She said while still scrolling through her phone.

"A bank! Holy shit Kim we really need to be professionals before doing so, otherwise we'll so get caught and spend the rest of our lives in between bars.", I looked at her a bit shocked.

"It would be so much fun and the fear of getting caught would be insanely addictive. Are you in for planning that or am I going alone, huh?", she was smirking straight at me. Her being this serious was really giving me goosebumps.

"You know I'd never let you go alone, idiot. If one of us gets caught, we both get. But that's still very risky, I believe we're not that qualified yet.", I said and slammed my hand to her leg.

"That's what I wanted to hear. We'll start planning tomorrow, I need to recover my brain from todays stupid things. Goodnight." She said while she turned her sides on the sofa and kicked me off.

"Oh, goodnight.", I left to get in my bedroom. On my way I shut all the lights off of the house.

I took my clothes off, just leaving my lingerie on and turned off the lights and went to sleep. Before I fell asleep the news reporters words came up on my mind again, and the thought that there might be others like us too, like us crazy rebels. The thought flushed off and I fell asleep.

9:25 AM

I woke up to Kim punching the light switch in my room.

"Wake up Joanna we have some robberies to plan, and we'll do it today by the way." 

"Do what... the planning? Of course.", I mumbled still half asleep and half aware.

"No, the robbery. Now, get up!", she shouted and left my room.

"The wha... The what? The robbery?!", I shouted back to a literal wall. I knew she heard me but just acted like she didn't.

I got up and threw some clothes on me quickly and then walked to the kitchen where Kim was drinking her morning coffee and watching outside through the kitchen window. I took some coffee and sat on the table.

"So we really doing it today, huh? That's insane.", I asked her to confirm what I just heard.

"Yes. What do we got to lose anyway?"

"Nothing I guess..", I mumbled while thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong while robbing a literal bank. 

We sat there together, in the kitchen, planning for an hour and a half. When we finally got the plan on our mind, who goes where and when and through what way blah blah blah, Kim got up and slammed her hands on the table proudly.

"Let's get ready, our money is waiting, hun.", She seemed excited.

She walked off to the bathroom to do her makeup, and I went back to the bedroom to put something else on. I searched through my closet to find a pair of flared black jeans, dark brown zipped hoodie, black top underneath it and a pair of black leather boots with a little heel on them. Not too much heel though, that I could still run. I'm very skilled at running in high heels actually, been there done that. I let my ginger hair flow open over my shoulders, my hair had gotten so long in no time.

11:00 AM

I was ready and I met Kim outside the bedroom, in the small living room. She was wearing a black miniskirt, dark blue hoodie and the same leather boots i was wearing. She always wore a lot of different jewelry. Rings, necklaces, bracelets and of course - always silver. She was my silver girl, and I was her gold girl. Complete opposites but still quite the same.

"You ready? You seem more nervous than usual.", Kim said to me smiling. She seemed not to be nervous at all, but it was her style. If a sentence could describe her personality, it would be: "We only live once".

"Well because I am, we're robbing a bank god dammit."

I took a little purse with me where I put my keys and phone, and then we both took backpacks to put the possible loot in. And that was it. The door made it's "squeek" again and I knew I might not hear it in the evening again. That funny thought made me smile a little. May the prison be my destiny then, I guess.