Not the only thugs

Kimberly's POV*

We were heading to the bank on foot, that was the most handy way to get there, and run away. We tried to stay in the shadows by going through tiny alleys, and avoiding crowds. Some of the security cameras of our town were already on our memory, and we always remembered to avoid them too.

Previously at Joanna's place I noticed her being stressed and tense, she might have some fear in her after all. I'm not scared like her, I'm not that much like her. We're both rebellious an such, but I have no fear. I do not have anything to fear in the first place, I have nothing to lose. I lost both my parents and my little sister in a house fire 7 years ago, so what would I have to lose? I don't have my own house, pets, boyfriend, job, nothing. Just Joanna and this stupid fearless mindset.

We were walking along an alley behind tall buildings, in the middle of the town, in the center. I could hear the cars passing, people talking and living their lives. Very far from peaceful, but I kept my mind clear and focused on the robbery. I sensed that Joanna had something to say, but was afraid to break the long lasting silence. 

"Did you see that?", she suddenly broke the silence and stopped walking while looking through an alley which led to the main road.

"See what?" 

"Those two cars there, in the parking lot. Aren't they awesome? Tuned and all. Just saying.", she said and seemed to get excited about those tuned cars.

"Yeah, I see them. Let's keep on going.", I replied and pulled her shirt in attempt to get her moving again.

Both of the cars were pitch black, one with dark blue wheels and one with dark grey wheels. The one witch blue wheels was clearly lowered, and it was parked like the rear was on our side, so I couldn't see the front of the car. I might have recognized the car's brand by seeing it's front view. The car with grey wheels was a Mercedes, pretty new model I guess.

11:48 AM

We arrived to the bank, but we were still a bit on the shadows, just in case. We repeated the plan there quickly before performing it and we put everything ready. Joanna's hands were shaking, I noticed but didn't mention anything.

It was time. Time to get inside, do our thing and in the end, escape. I was full of adrenaline, and my every sense was sharp, like a knife after sharpening. We broke through the back door of the bank, there was no guards in the back and the security camera there has been broken since last summer. Easy way to get in. Nothing in this small town gets fixed fast, and even the amount of guards was running low.

We got in quietly, and we first entered into a tiny room with closets and few benches. It seemed to be some kind of a dressing room or stockroom. There was no one, and for our luck, no cameras. We mainly communicated with our eyes at this point, and she got my point that we should keep on moving. 

We both put our ears next to the door in front of us to catch any sounds of people there in the next room. No sounds. Joanna raised her hand towards the doors handle and almost opened the door, but a horrific alarm set off to scare us both back away from the door. We looked at each other in terror and quickly hid in one of the closets. We made it to close the closet's door and to catch some breath. Strange noises started to hover into my ears from the bank's main hall.

"Holy shit what do we do now, huh!? I knew this was a bad idea!", Joanna yelled to me while trying to whisper at the same time.

"Quiet!... Do you hear that?", I asked her and focused my hearing.

Joanna was quiet for a moment to catch something else to hear than the alarm. A loud bang hovered to our ears and her eyes widened. 

"Kim?... Kimberly!"