I'm right here

Kimberly's POV*

3:12 PM

Tom stopped the car on a driveway in front of a big white mansion. I scanned my surroundings a bit again, and saw Joanna and Bill watching through the window. Joanna was so happy to see me, I saw the relief in her eyes even this far away. I was relieved too that she was alive and living.

"We made it, little thief.", Tom said while he unlocked the car's doors.

I nodded in silence. A thought came up in my mind: what if I'd try to escape now? I opened the door, and stepped out. I looked Joanna in the eyes through the window for a couple of seconds, and I begin to run away from the house and the driveway. I made it to run for a few steps, until I heard a click sound behind me and stopped. Immediately I knew what the click sound was. It was Tom's gun. I heard his steps getting closer to me and when he reached me, he set his gun's barrel behind my head.

"I knew you would try this. Escaping. I read you pretty well, don't I?", he said to me and I could only hear him smirking at the same time.

"You don't. You don't know anything about me.", I said to him while turning myself slowly to see his face.

Before I made it to turn fully, he placed his hands on my waist and lifted me up on his shoulder, so I was unable to escape now. I tried to kick and curse my way down, but I failed. He brought me inside the house and let me down when the door was closed. Joanna rushed to me and hugged me in relief.

"Kim! I thought I'd die, or that you had died already! Fuck I'm relieved, god dammit!", she said to me while hugging me super tight. I saw her face and realized she had been crying a lot. Her eyes were watery and really sore looking.

"I'm right here, Joanna. I'm right here..."

I let go of Joanna and looked straight at her for a little moment.

"Did he hurt you? Are you okay?", I asked her and tried to spot bruises or anything from her.

"I'm fine. He didn't touch me. How about you, hun?"

"I guess I'm fine.", I replied.

I saw Joanna being suspicious about what I just said. I lied to her. I wasn't completely fine. I had been so stressed that I had been pressing my nails into my palms a little too hard. There were deep wounds in my palms, which were still bleeding a bit, but luckily Joanna didn't notice them.

Suddenly Tom took me by my wrist and led me upstairs himself behind me.

"Come with me.", he whispered to me. I was about to hesitate but he seemed to be serious about this.

Joanna and Bill remained downstairs, and I saw Joanna being stressed again. Tom led me into a bedroom with a big double bed covered in red sheets and two soft looking pillows. He sat me down onto the bed and went to the closet to search for something.

"We need to fix those wounds of yours, Kim.", he mumbled quietly.

I looked at my palms and got amazed how he had noticed my wounds but Joanna didn't. Tom found a first-aid kit and brought it next to me. He kneeled down and opened the first-aid kit and got out a roll of bandage.

"You noticed my wounds...", I said while looking down at him.

"Of course I did. Your palms bled into my car's bench. And the blood was also all over my hands, that's how I noticed.", he said while wrapping the bandage to my both hands.

"I'm.... I'm sorry I didn't notice."

"It's okay. At least you're now okay, little thief.", he finished fixing me up and got back on his feet. His cornrows were swinging back and front over his shoulders as he moved, it looked hypnotizing.