Epilogue

Five years later

"Breathe, Hales." Zac said, squeezing his best friend's shoulder.

Hayley let out a soft breath and looked up at Zac.

"You can do this." Zac said softly, offering her a reassuring smile.

Hayley stared into her best friend's brown eyes. She brought her lower lip between her teeth, biting it out of a nervous habit.

"You're marrying the woman you love today, you can do this." Zac said softly, looking up as the door opened and Alyssa made her way into the room.

Hayley swallowed thickly. "Yes, I'm marrying her and yes I love her but you should see the posts on social media, some people are so jealous... They are saying I don't deserve her." She whispered the last part.

Alyssa stepped further into the room and touched her sister's other shoulder. "Those people don't matter, Taylor loves you, she wants you."

Hayley closed her eyes for a moment, breathing deeply. She opened her eyes again. "I just wish mom was here." She breathed, tears welling up in her eyes.

"She's here." Alyssa whispered softly, pulling her sister into a hug.

Hayley shook her head mournfully. "But she's not actually here."

"No, but she's here in spirit." Alyssa whispered softly, kissing the side of Hayley's head. "She's in both of us."

Hayley let out a soft sigh, closing her eyes. It wasn't the same as actually having her mother by her side.

"Come on, you're marrying Taylor Swift, something many people wish they could say." Alyssa said softly, pulling back to look at her sister.

Hayley lifted her head and blinked the tears from her eyes. "You say that like it's the biggest thing I've ever done in my life."

"It may not be the biggest thing, but it's one of the things I don't want to miss." Alyssa said softly, offering her sister a warm smile.

Hayley shook her head. "It is the biggest thing I've ever done." She breathed.

"Then let's get you married." Alyssa whispered, moving to fix her sister's hair.

Hayley became distracted. "Where's Lucy?" She asked with a puzzled frown.

"With Taylor's mom, they're helping Taylor get ready." Alyssa responded with a soft laugh. "More like, Lucy is fangirling because she's at THE Taylor Swift's wedding."

"Oh gosh." Hayley said, shaking her head. "Typical teenager and Taylor was saying last night that she was hoping to avoid screaming teenagers today."

Nodding her head, Alyssa laughed softly. "Taylor loves Lucy though, so she's allowing it."

Hayley chuckled and nodded her head. "That's true. I'm just glad Taylor is happy." She whispered, more to herself than her sister.

"Of course she's happy, she's so in love with you Hales." Zac said, moving to fix his tie.

Hayley lifted her head. She nodded her head. "I still don't understand what she sees in me even though it's been five years."

"She sees how amazing you are." Another voice came from the door, causing all three of them to look up.

It was Taylor's father, Scott.

Hayley cleared her throat. "Mr. Swift." She said formally. Despite five years having passed, Taylor's father still intimidated her.

"Hayley, you can call me Scott." The man said warmly, stepping further into the room.

Hayley cleared her throat. "Mr. Swift." She repeated. She lowered her head slightly, trying to be respectful.