chapter two.

AUTHORS NOTE :

I HAVE ALREADY MADE SOME CHANGES TO THE PLOT & MY OC. PLEASE READ THE UPDATED BIO AND FIRST TWO CHAPTERS TO BE IN THE LOOP!! LOVE THAT YALL ARE HERE, SORRY FOR MY INDECISIVENESS!!

it would only take the next twelve hours for jackie's situation to get way, way worse.

but not before mine did.

Ms. Jacobs chased me down the second i walked into school the next morning.

"harper!" her eyes were full of life for 7am, and i tried to make my eyes match hers.

"yes, tara?" Tara Jacobs and i were close. she was one of those teachers that wanted to be friends with her students, not authority over. most of my lunches had been spent in her office, to avoid the lunch fights and couples and other nauseating sights. also, with dreams to be a guidance counselor myself one day, tara really took me in and guided me scholarly. i knew i wanted to be a councilor just like her. 

"i finally have a student for your GoPP!" her words made me squeal with glee. 

being a senior enrolled in the Guiding-others Preparation Program at silver falls high - a program myself and Tara had started to help students with an interest in guidance counseling, or just needed something to add on their college applications - i had to advise a younger student who needed scholarly, social, or emotional help. dedicating a certain number of hours a week, i would go into college with experience of the job and, therefore, seem more desirable to colleges and psychology programs.

and students with high enough needs had been dry these first few months. 

"no way!" tara jumped up and down with me, and she gleamed.

"she's new, and has big dreams to go to princeton, but she's used to much more advanced schooling than here. being from new york and all-" that was enough for me to rip the clipboard out of Tara's hands, my smile fading almost as quickly and my eyes skimmed the page, knowing what i was about to see.

Jackie Howard.

i groaned. 

"you didnt let me finish." Tara now let the dread show on her face, she was expecting my reaction.

"are you serious?" i pouted, stomping my feet harder into the ground.

"i know the walter family isnt your biggest dream at night," i gave her a look that made her giggle, and then apologize, "but you know how desperate we've been for you to get a kid! jackie may be your only option," she took the clipboard back from my hands, "and she's a good one at that. she needs scholarly help, maybe going up to ap english and math her junior year, and she'll need emotional help, with losing her family and moving across the country..." Tara went on, and i couldnt help but nod along, sighing. 

she was pretty perfect for my applications. and schools were expecting more and more these days.

but these schools wouldnt take into account the sacrifices made while getting the best. because at this rate, then, i could get into harvard.