chapter twelve.

"gosh, you leave quick!"

i leave my calc class, and just abt bump into someone who is leaned up against wall, just around the door frame of class.

danny spat the words out, as i quickly gasped and the class bell finishes into tune.

"no time to waste." i force out, hand on my heart.

"roles are out."

"they're what!?" i gasped again, wondering how much my heart could take.

he just flickered his eyebrows up, and turned to go down the hallway, knowing i'd join him.

we both rushed together, side by side, to the drama hall.

as i rushed, a rock settles in my stomach. this was it, this was the moment where i found out if i was going to get the chance at the life i suddenly wanted. the life that suddenly kept me awake at night because the change had begun to excite me. 

one step closer to living like a normal silver falls teen. 

i wasnt even sure what role i wanted. it was romeo and juliet, which i hated, but i had known juliets role pretty well after helping danny a few more times during lunch or our free periods. i could do it.

we rounded the corner, and i let danny run up to it.

"romeo," danny muttered, scanning the names, "danny walter!" he gleamed, all of his teeth showing, but before i could scream congratulations, he spun around.

"juliet, harper madden!"

it took me a second to get in a breath big enough.

"what!!!" i squealed, and danny raced toward me, wrapping his arm around my waist and spinning me around. i felt light as air, and had to force breath into my lungs. i was ecstatic.

"no way." i said as he stopped spinning me, but he hadnt let go yet.

i just squeezed him back tighter.

"hmm," i softly muttered, taking one last look at the role sheet before we both headed to our next period, thinking about what i had reflected on the other night, "fate."

"tea time!" 

grace rushed up to me in the hallway on the way to lunch, i was just grabbing my plate and meeting jackie in the extra room, trying not to make myself too known.

but grace was speaking loud, and a mile a minute, so that was quite impossible.

"so apparently, news got out that last year, when cole got with alex's girl, paige, that he ran away crying," much worse terminology was used, but was whispered by the girl.

i rolled my eyes. this stuff happened over the summer, why were people still talking about it?? 

drama, even still, makes me sick.

"and so, to help alex, i did some digging," i gave the girl a look. apparently me getting close to them had caused grace to do the same, now having her feel like helping them out, "and turns out alex snitched on cole for sneaking girls into the house, which could mean that one of those girls was paige! right?" i nodded my head out of instinct, i didnt really care what it meant, "and so-" i had begun to tune the girl out, grabbing my tray and heading out of the cafeteria, knowing she'd follow until she was done venting.