Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It's curious how the projections begin once you dive into the past life. Everything starts with light, a brilliant splendor making the baby cry as they emerge from the womb of their mother. It's always emotional to witness this. In most cases, you see the parents crying or the doctors checking on the baby. From there, everything happens so fast—first steps, words, school, simple life choices, marriage, etc. But this story was uniquely painful.

The dim glow of the VLS room enveloped me as I settled into the bed. My heart raced with a mix of anticipation and trepidation. Tonight, I chose to step into the life of a girl, nameless in this moment but burdened with the weight of a haunting past.

As the neural synchronization and mental conditioning waves began, I felt the familiar sensation of being gently pulled into another existence. This girl had a loving family, caring and lovely, but she experienced something not commonly seen due to the minimal files on school bullying. Her decisions, driven by peer pressure, unfolded before me in the virtual landscape.

The high school hallway materialized around me, where whispered taunts and mocking laughter echoed like a sinister symphony.

She was there, a young girl with haunted eyes and a spirit seemingly crushed by the weight of the world. The air was thick with tension as she navigated the hallways, each step a silent plea for escape from relentless torment.

Bullying manifested in cruel words, in the digital realm where anonymity emboldened tormentors. Vicious messages and degrading images circulated like a relentless storm, each keystroke driving another wedge into the fragile fabric of her self-esteem. Despite her parents' efforts to keep her safe, the bullies found a way back to ensure her suffering, making them feel superior. I wished for nothing more than to beat them, to make them suffer even more than what she was enduring.

I felt her isolation, the heavy burden of loneliness clinging to her every moment. The bullies, faceless entities behind the screen, stripped away her sense of security, leaving behind a girl with a shattered sense of self-worth.

In the VLS, I experienced her nights spent in tearful solitude, the weight of despair settling in as the world outside remained oblivious to her silent cries for help. The scars of the virtual wounds transcended the digital realm, leaving indelible marks on her psyche.

The culmination of this relentless torment led to a moment of unbearable darkness. In the shadows of her room, with the weight of the world pressing upon her fragile shoulders, she made a desperate decision.

The VLS projected her final moments with painful clarity—a heart-wrenching scene, a poignant reminder of the consequences of unchecked cruelty. The girl, burdened by the cruelty of others, found solace in an irreversible escape, leaving behind a world that failed to shield her from the storm of hatred.

As the VLS session concluded, I found myself back in the dimly lit room, shaken by the profound tragedy that unfolded before my eyes. The weight of her story lingered, a haunting reminder of the real-world consequences of bullying. I was mad, frustrated with this whole situation. How could people have done this to this beautiful soul? No wonder Amy was so down at the cafeteria.