Chapter 7

Noelle's POV

I watch in horror as the other man scurries away, Raf's cold expression sending a frisson down my back.

"What did I tell you, Noelle?" he asks in a low voice. He's not yelling or raising his voice, but the effect is more potent.

One arm snakes around my waist as he brings me flush against his body.

The music is in full swing and very few people seem to take note of his sudden intrusion.

I make to get out of his hold, but he only tightens his grasp on me, every inch of my body in contact with his.

"No, no," he whispers against my hair. "You don't get to leave. Not when you wanted a dance so badly you'd let someone else put his fucking hands on you."

"You don't get to complain when you abandoned me," I hiss at him. "Right in the middle of the ballroom. In fact, why don't you go back to your former fiancée. I'm sure you have a lot to catch up on."

"Jealous?" He smirks at me. "Sheathe your claws, my dear wife. Sisi is married, and you just met her husband."

"Right," I scoff. "Is that supposed to comfort me considering you ignored me and left me behind to talk to them."

"You're being unreasonable."

"Me? I am being unreasonable? You just threatened to shoot someone..."

"And I'll do it. I wasn't kidding. You instill a thirst for violence in me unlike any I've ever known, Noelle," he says in a serious tone. "You make me want to raze down this place just so no one can look at you..." he trails off as his eyes peruse my body, "desire you... The thought of someone stripping you down with their eyes maddens me, enrages me," he says as his arm draws me even closer to him.

"Stop it," I whisper.

"Why?" His breath is on my lips as he forces me to look him in the eyes, the embrace of the dance an intimate prelude to something obscene. There are no other words for it as the contours of my body are molded to his, his erection not going unnoticed as he pushes it into my belly. "It's the truth," he purrs at me. "No one but me can see you naked. No one but me can touch you. And sure as fuck no one but me can fuck you. Is that clear?" His tone takes a harsher note as he spits the last words.

I stare at him speechless.

"You're insane," I shake my head at him. "How about this then, golden boy? Have you earned the right to fuck me?" I ask as I look into his eyes unflinchingly.

If he thinks to intimidate me with his intensity, then he'll have a surprise on his hands. Because I know that if I let him walk all over me now, it's going to set the tone for our entire marriage.

He narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm your husband."

"In name only," I roll my eyes at him. "And it's not like I married you because I wanted to."

"Aw, Noelle, is this when you tell me you don't want me? That you're not dying to have my hands on you? I know you're probably dripping right now thinking about my cock pressed into you...sliding into you," his voice is a hypnotizing sound as I find myself lost in his eyes, lulled into a sense of urgency as heat spreads all over my body.

"Shut up," I whisper, mustering all the strength I can to put some mental distance between us.

"You can lie to yourself all you want." The corner of his mouth tugs up in arrogance. "But the truth is that you want me. No matter how much you may hate that."