Chapter 5 - Confrontation

Valeria

The moment we got back to the inn I requested for the audience of the innkeeper.

A fat man walked out of the staff room, as his shirt was hardly covering his stomach, overall he looked all gluttonous and disgusting.

He walked toward our direction as 2 burly men who both wore guard armour followed behind him, each had a sword strapped to the waist “So who's asking for me”? the innkeeper asked as he stood in front of us.

I stepped forward disgusted by his appearance, but all I had to do was keep up with his behavior for a few minutes and I will be done with it“I would like to ask for the freedom of one of your servant ”

He looked a bit confused “And which of my servant would that be”?

“The one by my side” I replied back.

He looked behind me to see who I was talking about “Oh you mean Hannah, well can you afford her”? He asked smugly.

“Just name your price” I requested feeling a bit uncomfortable, with how the situation was going.

He smiled as he seemed to know I was uncomfortable with him “OK I will stop wasting your time, my price......” He paused as he sized me up “Will be you”

“How dare you”!! Levy said angrily as he unsheathed his sword and lunged towards the innkeeper.

He swayed his sword in a horizontal slash. But before his sword could get to the innkeeper it was stopped by another sword bringing everything to a standstill.

Standing between Levy and the innkeeper was one of the men who stood behind the innkeeper, he was 7 feet tall and in his hands was a Broad sword, and he had a goatee.

“Hey, did you think you could just come into my inn and threaten me, you've got a lot of nerves boy” The innkeeper said as he grinned wickedly.

By now most of the guest who had rented the inn had came out of their room to watch what was going to happen between the Innkeeper's guard and Levy.

Seeing things where getting out of hand I decided  to do something before any damage might be caused to Levy's image, for it was quite degrading for a knight to fight a guard “Levy stand down” I said in a commanding tone.

“Am sorry my lady but I can't follow your order, not while this bastard still breaths” Levy said as he applied more force to his sword, he pushed the guard backward, throwing the guard off balance.

Levy quickly took one step backward as he swinged his sword again this time much faster than the last, before the guard had any chance to block the attack his right hand that held his sword fell, as it was completely severed from his wrist, and blood spewed out of his wrist.

The moment his hand and the sword fell to the floor he writhed in pain as he screamed in agony.

I did not expect the situation to turn out the way it did, as I looked in horror at the blood that was slowly spreading across the inn floor.

Levy did not seem to be fazed by the situation, as he turned his attention towards the second guard who had also drawn out his sword “Still think you can take me on” He asked.

The guard blew a whistle, and the moment he did more guards came into the room pushing anyone who was in the way they quickly surrounded Levy as we were pushed to the side.

Levy chuckled“Calling a few more guards won't help you”

“We will see about that” the guard said as he charged towards Levy.