Chapter 8 - Hiring A Warlock

The cackling of the fire brought warmth amongst the wary humans as they all stared at Phil who was currently in a meditative state.

Phil sat by the fire as he slowly purged out the remains of the enhancement potion from his system, his face slowly regains its colour, as his pale skin became vibrant again.

Though the Enhancement potion would increase it's users ability it was still dangerous  and deadly, as it would slowly poison the biological system of those who use it, but this only happens when humans use them,  the lethal ability of the potion is reduced when used by a Non human like Warlocks, Huntsman, Reapers [And Crestfallen] all this was because their biological system is much different from humans, but when the potion is left in their blood stream for too long they tend to become mindless and destructive.

He opened his eyes which was currently back to their normal colour, currently Phil felt weak which was one of the side effect of taking an enhancement potion “So who are you, and why did you help us”? Levy asked as he was on guard against Phil, unsure of Phil's intention, for he knew if they were to engage in a battle with a Warlock they would lose woefully.

“And who said I was helping you” Phil replied coldly “Baltros are extremely rare and powerful creatures, their brains or any other body part could be sold for 2000 high grade magic crystal and they are worth more when captured alive”

“Baltros? So that's the name of that abomination we fought” Levy said.

Phil looked at Levy ridiculously “Who's we”? He asked in a sarcastic tone.

Levy seemed embarrassed by the situation as he kept his head low “How did you know we were here” Valeria asked, as she tried to change the subject.

Phil looked at her, he couldn't afford to possibly fall for a human no matter who they are so he decided to give her a cold shoulder “That's non of your concern ” Phil said coldly and stood up walking towards a medium size boulder by the camp.

Valeria looked confused by Phil's behavior “Are all Warlocks this cold” she asked Levy.

“Its not his fault my lady most Hunters especially Warlocks are known to display a sense of hatred towards us humans after the Great War between Hunters and Mages, and the Warlock was the faction that had the most losses” Levy replied while looking at Phil, who was currently sharpening his sword by the boulder.

“What caused the Great War”? Valeria asked.

“Well all I know is that we shouldn't talk about the Great War, or what caused it, Its forbidden amongst Nobles to discuss about the Great War, especially those of royal bloodline” Levy said in a warning tone and walked toward Hannah who was taking care of the unconscious Caleb.

Valeria looked at Phil for a while before she stood up and walked to him “You here to give me a sermon”? Phil asked sarcastically as he stopped sharpening his sword, and sat on the boulder.

Valeria sat beside Phil and sighed “When we first met, back at the inn I knew you were different”

“Why? Was it because I was to handsome for a human” Phil said trying to make a joke but due to his rigid nature it sounded more like a ridicule.

Valeria stared at him a bit hurt by his words “Did anyone ever told you, that you are mean”

Observing his joke was a failure Phil decided to just play along “And did anyone ever told you that the world was cruel, you were born into a noble family, and the world favours the strong princess, you should do wise to remember that”