Chapter 6 - Encounter

The sound of the early morning bell rang across the Kentra kingdom, waking up the residents with its revibrating sounds

The sounds of footsteps echoed the halls of Kentra Castle, as daily activities were being carried out.

Royal maids, courtiers, royal guard, as well as knights all went about performing their duties.

The court room was located at the heart of the castle, this was were all matters and affairs concerning the kingdom were discussed and decided, it was currently being cleaned by two royal maid, who where in the middle of a conversation.

“Have you heard”? the first maid asked the other as she dusted the chairs.

Not knowing what her friend was getting at, the second maid stopped what she was doing “Heard what”? She queried.

The first maid looked around to make sure they were alone “Well I actually heard that the king had an illegitimate daughter, and he had even invited her to the kingdom to take her rightful place amongst his children since she is of royal blood”

“Don't make me laugh, why would the king invite an illegitimate daughter back to the castle, not when he has other children, what do you think the queen would even say about that” the second  maid replied incredulously.

“But I still think it's true, don't you see how festive the palace has been for the past few days” The first maid said.

The second maid scoffed “Even if the whole kingdom is in a state of festivity, it won't be for a child born out of wedlock. Just continue your work and be done with, and I don't want to hear a word about this again, is that clear”? She uttered.

The first maid went silent as she didn't want to be caught gossiping about the royal bloodline, And the punishment for that would be severe especially for a lowly maid like her.

_________________________________________

It was quite early at Edinbourgh and most of its residents hadn't rose from bed, while others where already beginning the days work.

“Ugh” Phil  groaned as he sat up straight from his bed wide awake, throughout last night he couldn't sleep no matter how much he tried.

And the cause of his sleepless night was the idiot next door, he had requested for the service of one of the maid, they had multiple rounds of pleasure all through the night, Not bothering about what anyone would think about them.

Standing up from the bed  Phil picked up the shirt he had dropped by the side of his bed and slipped them on.

Phil opened his room door, and he stared at the door opposite his, “I don't even know which noble family she came from” He thought as he walked down the hallway and towards the stairs.

The tavern was quite empty with only a handful of individuals as most guests at the inn were still asleep.

Phil approached the front desk and sat on one of the sits by the counter.

The serving boy that stood behind the desk looked at Phil “What would you like my good man”

“I pint of ale” Phil ordered.

The serving boy quickly poured the ale into a cup “Here you go” He said as he served Phil the drink.

Drinking his ale Phil observed his surrounding for a while before staring back at the serving boy “I need a horse, Can you get me one”