Chapter 7 - Saving A Princess

Phil

“I need to find a place to camp” I thought to myself as I made my way through the forest, it was already dark, I was exhausted from the long journey and I hadn't had a good night sleep since Edinbourgh.

I finally found a good spot to camp for the night, as I climbed down from my horse “At least there won't be any couples to disturb me while I sleep” I said to myself and took my horse reigns and tied it to a nearby tree stump.

I had only took off my cloak when I heard the sound of a roar, “What the hell was that” I said to no one in particular.

“It shouldn't be too far from here, but the question is should I go check it out or not” I debated with myself “I have to check what that was I wouldn't want my night to be disturbed again” I finally came to a conclusion, and wore my cloak back on.

I slowly traced the sound of the roar while leaving my horse behind, I hadn't gone too far when I heard the sound of a female scream, “That doesn't sound good” I thought as I quickened my pace.

I walked for a while before I felt the smell of blood in the air, I reduce my footsteps and slowly sneak around the woods, I followed the scent of the blood before finally finding the source, right in front of me was a dead body, I could not identify who it was but the person was dressed in a knight's armour and it was currently mashed up and covered in blood.

“It seemed like this guys had messed with something big” I thought to myself, just before I stood up something quite familiar caught my attention.

I stood up, and slowly approached what seemed to be a footprint, when I got closer my expression turned cold, this was no footprint at all it was the appendages mark dug into the ground by the movement of a giant spider or something worse.

“I hope its not what I think it is” I said out loud, I slowly traced the footprints on the ground when I heard the scream of a man, “It seems they are not far, I guess its there lucky day” I said and increased my speed.

I Got to a clearing, and what I saw was not something I would call pleasing, right in front of me was what I would call a one-sided beating.

Two knights were currently trying their best to fend off a

Three knights were currently being beaten by a Baltros, one of the creature that most Hunters wouldn't like to mess with,something I had hoped not to encounter.

A Baltros is the fusion of a spider and a gorilla, from the waist below is the spider, and the upper body is that of and gorilla, the Baltros has the strength of 200 strong men which is equivalent too two Warlocks without enhancement potion.

The speed of a Baltros depends on the level of intelligence the creature has, for Baltros are know for being smart and cunning, and the Baltros in front of me seem to have the intelligence of a grown man.

I looked around the clearing and spotted a familiar carriage, this was the carriage that was parked in front of the inn back when I was in Edinbourgh.

I looked at the two knights and realized I recognized one of them, he was the man who had interrupted my moment with the beautiful lady back in Edinbourgh.

The fight was currently not in favour for the two knights as the Baltros was just toying with them “It seems this guys won't last long” I thought and took out an enhancement potion from my storage ring, I opened the vile cap as the scent of a well brewed potion wafted out, without much delayed I emptied the vile without leaving a single drop inside.