Chapter 1: A New Client

A woman was seen wiping the bar counters as she prepared for the opening of the bar in the cosy restaurant aptly named 'Celestine', as it was a safe haven for all witches, vampires and werewolves, who had shared understanding that this place had t...

A woman was seen wiping the bar counters as she prepared for the opening of the bar in the cosy restaurant aptly named 'Celestine', as it was a safe haven for all witches, vampires and werewolves, who had shared understanding that this place had to be cherished by all.

The woman had tied up her long black wavy hair up as she worked to set up the bar. Her almond shaped eyes were ever so observant of her surroundings, delicate features hinted at her Asian heritage but paired with her dark red irises made her quite unique. Yes, she was a vampire, born so. She didn't resemble the other Vampires but she was good at blending into the background. She was thirty-one years old but stopped ageing at twenty.

The bar was not open yet but the restaurant was. It wasn't the peak hours, too late for lunch or too early for dinner and the bar was yet to be open, but still the restaurant was half full. That was the least crowded it would be throughout the day, a fact that made her happy.

Although most knew her as the bartender, she was much more than that; she was the owner of the place. Some of the customers knew this, the ones who had been her clients in the past or were long time customers.

She silently listens to the conversions of her customers. When she hears someone discuss the same old prophecy, she rolls her eyes. Then she hears someone talk about the disappearances, she gets alerted. The number of cases of disappearances of the supernatural had increased; she already had three clients approach her regarding this, she feared that the disappearances were connected. Her father thought so too.

For a moment she stops and asks herself, why she was doing this. She had started working as henchwoman to gather experience and connections to help in her path of revenge. But then remembers her promise to her father that she wouldn't waste her life over revenge and she loves her father too much to ever break that promise. But perhaps that's not all that is stopping her, she is afraid that she will drown her loved ones in the storm of her vengeance.

Her train of thought gets broken by a very familiar voice "Hey sweetheart whatcha doing?".

She cringes, "Just stop".

He laughs, " What! You remembered the time I forced you to watch Phineas and Ferb with me, cousin."

She replies, "It was a good show. The only issue was I was a twenty year old watching it with a nine year old who was too hyper to sit through the whole episode."

A third voice interrupts them, "Ah! Finally, I can take a break with the cooking. Hey little bro."

He replies irritated, "Sylvia, I am not little anymore. I am twenty years old, I even stopped ageing."

Sylvia replies, "Well little Nikolai, that's the thing, I am already sixteen years older than you, and as a werewolf I will keep ageing slowly. Which means you will always be little to me. Aren't I right Sera?"

Seraphina laughs silently at their antics, and thought if you didn't consider their physical difference you would definitely think Nik and Syl were siblings with the amount of bickering they do. But the truth was Sylvia was Sera's best friend for the past eleven years.

Nikolai mutters, "Someday I will go into her mind and make her forget that she is older than me."

Sylvia yells, "Hey stay away from my mind".

Nikolai changes the subject quickly, "Oh! Before I forget, our old client Lord Strigoi messaged me about a new client, I don't know who, but he said it's someone very important."

Sylvia wonders, "Who does a Vampire Noble consider as very important?"

Seraphina freezes for a second. Her eyes move from one corner to the other. A new client considered very important by a Vampire Noble and her prior knowledge, pointed to only one  direction and you bet she didn't like the direction it pointed towards.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

Hello dear readers, this is your author Enigma 🥰

Here is the first chapter.

The image in top is 'Celestine', the restaurant and bar.

To my friends reading this, thank you so much for the support.

If there are any new readers reading this, thank you for giving my book a chance. It means a lot to me.

Ps: I will be double uploading today, so look out for the next chapter.

See you in next chapter.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

679 words

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•